Games > General Gaming

The List Some Nasty Bugs You've Hit In Games Thread

(1/5) > >>

MysterD:
Okay, mention some nasty bugs you've hit are and in what game that bug was in.

I just hit one in Dungeon Siege 2, myself, In Act 2 Chapter 8 w/ the battle w/ Talon.
(click to show/hide)I saved in the game when I met him, but I quit....so I exited the game so I can take him on later. So, when I decided to go back to the game and loaded my save and made my way back to him, he no-showed.

Talked to the commander hwo gives you the quest -- and went back to Talon's location. No dice; he wasn't there. Great.

And this is a main quest, so you have to defeat him to go to the next part.

And since GPG hasn't fixed this quest in a patch, I might have to use a 3rd party hotfix to move on. Wonderful.

scottws:
Skies of Arcadia (DC)

The game crashes at the exact same point during a boss battle for me.  I never did get past it, and my copy was too old to get a warranty replacement on.

Silent Storm (PC)

My main hero dies for absolutely no reason on a specific turn in one mission, which gives you a game over.  I've loaded previous saves and the result is the same.  I've not been able to get past this point and a post on the JoWooD support forums (one of 3 total threads about the game) has gone ignored for months.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein (PC)

A bug in the game allowed the field ops class to throw an unlimited number of grenades while they were using the binoculars.  Online, you'd have an enemy field ops guarding an important stairwell by just lobbing grenade after grenade down the steps.  It was later patched, thankfully.

Pugnate:
Off the top of my head, most of the insane annyoing bugs were in the old Sierra games. Games like King's Quest, Quest for Glory, Police Quest, Space Quest etc.

There was always a point where one script didn't function like it should have and it just destroyed the rest of the game. It also took hours to realize that it wasn't your fault.

scottws:
I don't think I ever ran into anything like that in the Space Quest games.  What did suck though is how specific you had to be sometimes to please the parser.  Or the fucking piece of glass from the original parser-based SQI (not the point-and-click remake).  You literally couldn't see it on the screen.  I had to buy a hint book from Sierra to get past that part.

Quemaqua:
Anachronox, Anachronox, Anachronox.  That whole game was a giant bug.  Too bad it's still one of my all-time favorite games.  And I could never even get far enough to beat it!

What I wouldn't give for a stable console port of that one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version