Author Topic: I do NOT want to see yearly Bioshocks, GTA's, Read Dead, Borderlands, etc...  (Read 1027 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
I do NOT want to see yearly Bioshocks, GTA's, Read Dead, Borderlands, etc...
« on: Friday, February 11, 2011, 02:59:10 PM »
GameSpot -> Activision is thinking about trying to take Take-Two.

Please, God - don't let this happen...

Last thing we need is yearly Borderlands games, Red Dead games, Bioshock games, Mafia games, Max Payne games, GTA's, etc.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
Re: I do NOT want to see yearly Bioshocks, GTA's, Read Dead, Borderlands, etc...
« Reply #1 on: Friday, February 11, 2011, 03:34:07 PM »
Well, they managed to murder their other franchises outside of Call of Duty (which is well on its way to the grave), so they need new grounds to plunder.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
Re: I do NOT want to see yearly Bioshocks, GTA's, Read Dead, Borderlands, etc...
« Reply #2 on: Friday, February 11, 2011, 03:56:07 PM »
How is CoD on its way to the grave? I've been far more entertained by the last 3 CoD (Modern Warfare, MW2, Black Ops) games than the first 3
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: Friday, February 11, 2011, 04:32:53 PM »
There's been talk that the series is at or just beyond it's peak while the yearly release has only served to cause the formula to age prematurely. On top of that, it looks like Activition is toying with the idea of branching it out further with all those development studios on it (I think four now) and charging for multiplayer in new ways. I imagine stuff like that will only serve to push people away.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: Friday, February 11, 2011, 05:09:00 PM »
I don't honestly think yearly CoDs are killing it off. MW, MW2, and now Black Ops have each been bigger than the last. The only black sheep was WaW, which had a WW2 setting.

However, when Activision finally starts rolling out all of it's spinoffs and subscription models, it will begin to decline.