Author Topic: a rant  (Read 890 times)

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
a rant
« on: Monday, November 12, 2007, 08:50:37 PM »
Soo.. what do you do when most things in life aren't going your way?

Everything is pretty much normal I guess, right in step with the trend I've had this year.

But yesterday, some people said they would come for a visit and would arrive for lunch.  So I prepared lunch - appetizers, side dishes, main dish etc.  And they didn't come.  Luckily, some people stopped over so I don't have a bunch of leftovers.

Today, the no-shows of yesterday said they would come.  So cooking again - baked bread and bread sticks!  And then I get a call and again they aren't coming.  So anyone want to come?  Italian meal.  Yesterday's was asian oriental.

Taken.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: a rant
« Reply #1 on: Monday, November 12, 2007, 08:58:44 PM »
I would come eat your food, but that would require knowing where you are, and as the official OWnet zomgspyninja™, I know you cannot reveal this information.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Monday, November 12, 2007, 09:06:44 PM »
If they call tomorrow, tell them to eat before they arrive because you aren't making them anything.

And really, I'd never be too unhappy with italian and asian leftovers.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #3 on: Monday, November 12, 2007, 10:58:50 PM »
Tell them how you feel. Though I suspect they are relatives -- which is why they keep doing that.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #4 on: Monday, November 12, 2007, 11:58:28 PM »
That sucks. :(

They should have called before you started cooking. Bad manners.

As for what I do when most things in life aren't going my way, I step back and look at the situation, usually while drinking a beer. I try to take an objective viewpoint and think of the best solution to the problem.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2007, 01:59:28 AM »
Tell them how you feel. Though I suspect they are relatives -- which is why they keep doing that.

That's the bad part, they're not even relatives and I've never personally met them.  They're friends of a relative.  And no apologies you know.. nothing!  I prepared because I'd rather be prepared then have them show up and I'm too busy to cook something.  I'm hoping they don't just show up here tomorrow since I'm packing again and leaving tomorrow evening.

*sigh*  Thanks Ghandi.. stepping back is hard when you're stuck in the middle.  At this point, it's "que sera sera".

life sucks sometimes.

Taken.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2007, 02:11:31 AM »
So they invited themselves for lunch?

Offline Raisa

• Veteran