Author Topic: Street Fighter 4 - Update: Ultra SF4 announced; USF4 PC will use ONLY Steamworks  (Read 77262 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Street Fighter 4 -- Update: Cody, Guy, Adon confirmed for Super SF4 (Reply 193)
« Reply #200 on: Thursday, December 24, 2009, 03:40:52 PM »
Since it's now working and whatnot on my PC - yeah, this SF4 PC game kicks ass.
Especially online against other players.

Offline PyroMenace

Re: Street Fighter 4 -- Update: Cody, Guy, Adon confirmed for Super SF4 (Reply 193)
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, January 09, 2010, 06:20:08 AM »
Here's a trailer showing off the supers for 2 of the new fighters. The end of the trailer also shows why I can't enjoy the games. Ryu throws a fireball then after Cody triggers his special... you then watch the fireball travel right through Cody as he finishes off Ryu. At that point I would have thrown my controller shattering it into a thousand pieces. How the fuck can you play a game with attack priority so out of whack!?

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, January 09, 2010, 06:56:34 AM »
I haven't seen it yet, but that doesn't make sense. I have interrupted tons of specials... at least that's what I remember. Hmmm...

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #205 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 12:16:05 PM »
And Que makes 3.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #206 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 12:19:57 PM »
And Que makes 3.

How about they just find a freakin' port to plug your X360 controller into?
Then again - the controller will be bigger than the phone. :X

This is just...crazy...

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #207 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 12:30:43 PM »
Just seems silly to do it on this and not the PSP where you won't have virtual buttons and your thumbs covering half the screen.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #208 on: Monday, February 15, 2010, 12:49:45 PM »
Just seems silly to do it on this and not the PSP where you won't have virtual buttons and your thumbs covering half the screen.

Good point.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2010, 07:57:13 AM »
The world keeps getting weirder.

Offline beo

• Veteran
Re: Street Fighter 4 -- Update: Super SF4 to arcades on Win XP machine (Reply 211)
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, May 01, 2010, 04:22:37 AM »
so anyone else pick up super yet?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Street Fighter 4 -- Update: Super SF4 to arcades on Win XP machine (Reply 211)
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, May 01, 2010, 12:55:12 PM »
Even if they don't release an official PC version, I'm sure people will work to hack it to run on PCs like they did with BlazBlue.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, May 01, 2010, 01:22:07 PM »
I played the hell out of it, but have no interest in buying it again for some new chars.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 02, 2010, 02:02:19 AM by Pugnate »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, May 01, 2010, 05:20:20 PM »
Even if they don't release an official PC version, I'm sure people will work to hack it to run on PCs like they did with BlazBlue.

What's to hack?
The arcade version of Super SF4 runs on a freaking Win XP PC.  :o
(See Reply 211 in this thread.)

They just need to release SSF4 here - even as a re-release pack, b/c I'll eventually pick it up...when it drops to $10, since I already own SF4.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #216 on: Monday, May 10, 2010, 08:45:05 PM »
Street Fighter fan made film. Pretty cheesy, but well made nonetheless.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #217 on: Monday, May 10, 2010, 10:00:11 PM »
Street Fighter fan made film. Pretty cheesy, but well made nonetheless.
Dude, that looks awesome for a fan film! ;D

Good job with casting too :P

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #218 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 08:04:42 PM »
Bluesnews -> Ono says it's likely Super SF4 PC will not happen...
...Even though he say Super SF4 PC is done b/c the Arcade version runs off a Win XP PC machine.

Seriously - WTH? Just release the game through digital services i.e. Impulse and use Goo; use Steamworks DRM from Steam; or something to at least combat piracy to some extent - like most companies do. They ain't gonna combat ALL forms of piracy - that's impossible.

Is Capcom crazy? I mean, hell - they are bringing Dead Rising 2 and Lost Planet 2 here to the PC...so, WTH?  :o

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Street Fighter 4
« Reply #219 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 09:34:53 PM »
Speaking of SSFIV, there will apparently be a Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition featuring two more favourites from SF3 Yun & Yang.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #220 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 01:53:58 PM »
W/ Capcom admitting they got Super SF4 PC done and not sure if they gonna release it due to piracy, I'm waiting for someone to hack Super SF4 Arcade (which runs on a Win XP PC) and just release it on the freakin' Torrents....

Hell - if that all of the above stuff does happen - it may force Capcom's hand to just release Super SF4 PC. Who the hell knows.

Capcom's silly for thinking of not releasing this on the PC, if they do so - they could probably sell well on Steam, Impulse and Gamersgate w/ this one, even if it gets pirated to Hell and back...

EDIT:
Speaking of SSFIV, there will apparently be a Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition featuring two more favourites from SF3 Yun & Yang.
Ooooh, very cool. :)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #221 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 02:14:27 PM »
Well, its not "done" for PC. Its just the arcade hardware is pretty much a WinXP PC in a cabinet. There would still be some work involed in finishing it up to work in a non-arcade environment (like graphics options, support for more input devices, network play?).

I also think its kind of silly to not release a PC version seeing as how its 99% done anyway. I can see a delay, and not announcing it well ahead of time. Give people that would be tempted to pirate it on PC a chance to go buy on consoles (or pirate it on consoles, natch). But from everything I've heard SF4 did quite well on PC, despite the piracy. They are basically leaving money on the table if they don't release an official SSF4. Because as D noted, that arcade hardware was cracked so its only a matter of time before people will be playing it on PC anyway. Its up to Capcom if some of those people are given a chance to pay for a legit copy instead of 100% piracy.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #222 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 02:39:27 PM »
Well, its not "done" for PC. Its just the arcade hardware is pretty much a WinXP PC in a cabinet. There would still be some work involed in finishing it up to work in a non-arcade environment (like graphics options, support for more input devices, network play?).
Well, hell, it's gonna be close, Idol...
How much more do they really need to do w/ it, since it runs on a Win XP-like PC in a cabinet?  :o

I'm sure it can't run any worse than some games that officially run on a PC. I mean, really - how much different would Super SF4 PC run compared to SF4 Original Edition PC?

I also think its kind of silly to not release a PC version seeing as how its 99% done anyway. I can see a delay, and not announcing it well ahead of time. Give people that would be tempted to pirate it on PC a chance to go buy on consoles (or pirate it on consoles, natch). But from everything I've heard SF4 did quite well on PC, despite the piracy. They are basically leaving money on the table if they don't release an official SSF4. Because as D noted, that arcade hardware was cracked so its only a matter of time before people will be playing it on PC anyway. Its up to Capcom if some of those people are given a chance to pay for a legit copy instead of 100% piracy.
What's really dumb is - they're releasing Lost Planet 2 and Dead Rising 2 to the PC...Seriously, why leave Super SF4 PC out? That might make Capcom fans mad - and just pirate those two games, as well.

I'd really hate to see Capcom lost out on some PC sales. They really did a great job w/ SF4 PC...
I heard DMC4 PC turned out great, as well...

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #223 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 05:14:19 PM »
balls balls balls. whatever. yun and yung total dlc download = awesome. capcom have apparently (some blog post i forget) said that dlc characters will be free. all my favourites are already in, but these are good characters, played them a bit in sf3 and they are very much worthy of an incarnation in this version.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #224 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 06:24:19 PM »
I'm more inclined to agree that Street Fighter in general is just not a PC game. That said, since Capcom already brought SFIV to PC refusing to expand on it, as with its console counterparts, is a shitty move to all the players who did buy it for PC. It sucks since Capcom basically left the PC players they've drawn hanging. If I had bought SFIV for PC I would have been pretty ticked.

Honestly, I was abit surprised when SFIV was first announced to be coming to PC. Same with DMC4 and a bunch of the other Capcom titles. The worst part is that they bring one or two titles from a franchise and then ditch it completely. I'm not a fan of Lost Planet but I find it odd that they brought it to PC and even re-released Colonies Edition, then they refused to bring Lost Planet 2. Even stranger (to me anyway) is when they bring sequels from consoles to PC, as with DMC, they only released DMC3 and DMC4 to PC.

By contrast, Square-Enix have been experimenting with PC as a potential venue with new IP's, such as Last Remnant, without breaking the consistency with other established franchises. They also focus on the PC's most dominant genre, MMO, with their Final Fantasy Online series (FFXI and FFXIV).

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #225 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 06:58:07 PM »
I'm more inclined to agree that Street Fighter in general is just not a PC game. That said, since Capcom already brought SFIV to PC refusing to expand on it, as with its console counterparts, is a shitty move to all the players who did buy it for PC. It sucks since Capcom basically left the PC players they've drawn hanging. If I had bought SFIV for PC I would have been pretty ticked.
Actually if we want to go a few steps further - Original SF4 PC owners should be ticked there's no planned DLC Patch or Expansion Pack Box to say turn Original SF4 PC into Super SF4 PC.

At least we were hoping, at the worst, Super SF4 PC would get a release here on the PC. And if we had to wait for price-drops b/c we felt we already paid for SF4 already and just really wanted the new content, then so be it.

Honestly, I was abit surprised when SFIV was first announced to be coming to PC. Same with DMC4 and a bunch of the other Capcom titles. The worst part is that they bring one or two titles from a franchise and then ditch it completely. I'm not a fan of Lost Planet but I find it odd that they brought it to PC and even re-released Colonies Edition, then they refused to bring Lost Planet 2. Even stranger (to me anyway) is when they bring sequels from consoles to PC, as with DMC, they only released DMC3 and DMC4 to PC.
Lost Planet 2 is coming to the PC on October 12th in USA and 15th in Europe - w/ 3D NVidia support and DX 11 features.

By contrast, Square-Enix have been experimenting with PC as a potential venue with new IP's, such as Last Remnant, without breaking the consistency with other established franchises. They also focus on the PC's most dominant genre, MMO, with their Final Fantasy Online series (FFXI and FFXIV).
And PSO2 is coming from them, as well...

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #226 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 07:11:49 PM »
Lost Planet 2 is coming to the PC on October 12th in USA and 15th in Europe - w/ 3D NVidia support and DX 11 features.
Well, shut my mouth... Still, Capcom have been inconsistent despite their claim last year about keeping the PC a strong gaming platform. As long they're releasing I'll be moderately content, the issue now is that they need to support their products (technical and brand reinforcement).

I'd love to see Capcom make a PC-exclusive franchise. Something that they can focus on and refine for the PC. It doesn't even have to be a massive AAA title, just something that expresses a serious dedication to the platform. Preferably not a MMO (though I would be curious if Capcom made one). I'm also very curious to see how the console crowd would react.

And PSO2 is coming from them, as well...
Actually, Phantasy Star is Sega :D They've been pretty consistent with PC releases.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #228 on: Friday, October 08, 2010, 02:19:59 AM »
Just had to share this ;D

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #229 on: Friday, October 08, 2010, 07:02:52 AM »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 12:51:24 PM »
Bluesnews -> Capcom's Christian Svensson is still pushing for Super SF4 PC.

Ask Capcom with Sven episode 1 offers answers from Capcom's Christian Svensson to fan-submitted questions. Along the way he expresses guarded optimism that a PC edition of Super Street Fighter IV will still happen.

Word is: "I've always said the answer is 'no' until it becomes 'yes,' and let’s just say I’ve not given up pushing, and maybe at some point in the future we could change that question to 'Why did it take so long…' instead of 'Why is there no…' Unfortunately, we can’t do that yet, but I’m still cautiously optimistic."

Thanks Siliconera.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #231 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 02:25:26 PM »
There's always hope.. Until that happens I'm gonna make a backup wish upon a star for a PS3/X360 emulator.. Seems like that's equally unlikely.

I just watched that Jace Hall video again.. Man, Tara Ellis turns me on. Something about her is devilishly sexy.

Back to SF4.. I haven't played in a while.. I have to jump back in.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #232 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 03:11:38 PM »
Capcom: "No PC version!"
Fans: "Booo!"
Capcom: "Buy it on consoles!"
Fans: *buy it on consoles*
Capcom: "Hey look, a PC version 2 years late!"
Fans: "Booo!"
Capcom: "Why isn't this selling?"

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #233 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 06:43:19 PM »
That sounds around right, Idol.
Still - better late than never...

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #234 on: Monday, April 11, 2011, 01:47:01 PM »
Bluenews -> Expect an announcement from Capcom on Super SF4 PC on April 12th, 8AM PST.

PC Super Street Fighter IV Speculation

[Apr 11, 2011, 10:20 am ET] - Share - Viewing Comments
Capcom's Yoshinori Ono tweets responds to a question about PC Super Street Fighter IV that indicates that when the embargo mentioned in the story above expires tomorrow, we may finally learn the status of the PC edition of the fighting sequel.

In January Capcom's Christian Svensson expressed hopes that this would still happen, and now here's what Ono-san tweets: "I cant twit about it topic... Plz wait until 12th Apr. 8am PST. ;) RT @IceBreakker:When will we have SSFIV for PC?"

In case this doesn't dispel any remaining doubts, Joao points out that the Super Street Fighter IV ESRB Listing includes a PC version.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Street Fighter 4 - Update: Super SF4 PC Version announcement coming tomorrow
« Reply #235 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 09:32:49 AM »
Its official, though with no release date.

SSFIV AE DLC coming for SSFIV, $15.
SSFIV AE will bring new costumes, 4 new characters, and an enhanced Replay Channel where you can search for Gamertags or look for videos of players above 3,000 PP. Additionally, the Endless Battle mode has been enhanced so you can set perimeters such as PP and BP restrictions. Further changes include balance tweaks and even a patch to allow SSFIV and AE people to play each other; However if you only own SSFIV you won't be able to play against the new characters.
They will re-release the game as a SSFIV AE on disc for $40, which is what the PC is getting.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
Re: Street Fighter 4 - Update: Super SF4 PC Version announcement coming tomorrow
« Reply #236 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 03:43:45 PM »
I waited and finally bought SSF4 on Xbox for $20, and like a week later I started hearing about AE and felt like I should have waited longer. But if it's gonna be as DLC, I guess it's not too bad. But how soon would I have been able to get the AE disc version for $20? Compared to $35 after paying $15 for the DLC.

It's dangerously close to my Nintendo handheld situation. I keep waiting for the combination of good price + no new revisions on the horizon, which never seems to happen.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Street Fighter 4 - Update: Super SF4 PC Version DRM details and more info
« Reply #238 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 08:54:32 AM »
Rock Paper Shotgun got it right.
I’m not sure if ensuring that the pirated version has a better offline mode than the official version will help them realise their goal of 0% piracy rate either.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: Street Fighter 4 - Update: Super SF4 PC Version DRM details and more info
« Reply #239 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 11:22:05 AM »
Jeez.  Pushing people to become pirates.  How smart is that.