Author Topic: All current PSP models "cracked", also all future ones?  (Read 1059 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
All current PSP models "cracked", also all future ones?
« on: Saturday, August 25, 2007, 12:14:56 PM »
Pandora

That PSP homebrew/hacking scene is pretty amazing. This new thing can downgrade any current PSP hardware to 1.50 for homebrew use, including PSPs that have previously been bricked! They apparently reverse engineered the Sony service mode using special software and...a battery hack? Wild.

Now while it will work for any current PSP no matter the firmware version on it (including future firmware releases), they aren't sure if it'll work on the new Slim PSP models. Depends on what hardware changes were made, I suppose.

The downsides are first, the battery. Once converted to service mode it can't be changed back and used as normal. So you need a separate battery for this task. The other problem is you can only create the battery on a PSP already capable of homebrew.

Offline PyroMenace

Re: All current PSP models "cracked", also all future ones?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 25, 2007, 03:49:19 PM »
Pandora

That PSP homebrew/hacking scene is pretty amazing. This new thing can downgrade any current PSP hardware to 1.50 for homebrew use, including PSPs that have previously been bricked! They apparently reverse engineered the Sony service mode using special software and...a battery hack? Wild.

Now while it will work for any current PSP no matter the firmware version on it (including future firmware releases), they aren't sure if it'll work on the new Slim PSP models. Depends on what hardware changes were made, I suppose.

The downsides are first, the battery. Once converted to service mode it can't be changed back and used as normal. So you need a separate battery for this task. The other problem is you can only create the battery on a PSP already capable of homebrew.

Well if the crack gets widely known, it will be an obvious target for Sony for their firmware programmers to remove the flaw, I always doubt these permanent hacking solutions that these people always state, almost as if they have won the victory against the firmware forever. Stuff like this doesnt end, I doubt Sony will say, aww damn, we give, you win.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: All current PSP models "cracked", also all future ones?
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 25, 2007, 04:01:01 PM »
Yeah, I wonder about that myself.  Nonetheless, it's great news for anybody in the market for one of the current models.  This is going to reinvigorate the homebrew scene like fucking crazy, I think.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野