Author Topic: couple old game questions (MGS2 and KOTOR)  (Read 887 times)

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
couple old game questions (MGS2 and KOTOR)
« on: Saturday, August 25, 2007, 11:43:29 PM »
MGS2: How the hell do I hold up a guy and take his dog tags? I run up behind someone and stick the gun in his back, and he puts his hands up. The instruction manual says to then use the inspect button at his neck. I have no idea what button this is. Maybe Y? (Xbox) That's the button used to open lockers and shit. I try to get in front of him and do that, and get nothing. Then he "wake's up" and I'm standing in front of him, so he does his ! thing and calls for backup.

KOTOR: I decided to try to play through this again (never did finish it before, or even get far). So I wanted to make an intelligent character, who fights with his mind (force powers, persuasion, hacking, etc). This isn't working out for me. I'm in the lower city of the first planet, and EVERY fight has becomg my character dying instantly, and my commando sidekick killing off the enemy. Is the game just not balanced for a character that can't handle himself in physical combat? I had hoped I could talk my way out of fights, but the games seems to be more about fighting shit.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
Re: couple old game questions (MGS2 and KOTOR)
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, August 26, 2007, 01:02:10 AM »
I know in the PS2 version of MGS2 all you had to do was hold them up, then walk around to their front side and point the gun to their head or crotch, don't know if the XBox version is different or not though.  Also, some of the enemies won't drop their tags as easily and you have to shoot them with your USP or SOCOM (or any gun with bullets) in the leg or arm, or you can shoot right next to their ears and deafen them, and for some of the enemies if you point your Stinger Missile Launcher at them they'll drop it.  If you do one of the alternate methods (wounding, deafening, missile launcher) you have to make sure you do the default point at head or crotch thing right afterwards, granted this is only a small percentage of the guards.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
Re: couple old game questions (MGS2 and KOTOR)
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, August 26, 2007, 04:00:53 AM »
Thanks, that did it. Apparently when the manual says "use the inspect button", it means "point the gun at his face and he'll shake his ass for you and drop the dog tags". ;D