Author Topic: Renaisance  (Read 2430 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Renaisance
« on: Thursday, July 26, 2007, 11:33:24 PM »
Cool flick. This girl goes missing and its the usual twists and turns to find her, but actually cool. Its worth a rent just for the visuals alone. The entire movie is CG where everything is black and white. And by black and white I mean those colors pretty much exclusively with little gray anywhere. Very stylized, and by the end you will totally want someone to make a game that looks just like it.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
Re: Renaisance
« Reply #1 on: Friday, July 27, 2007, 11:07:50 AM »
I saw this last year.  I enjoyed it.  The style is great as well.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Renaisance
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, July 28, 2007, 06:02:54 PM »
Just watched this.

Yeah, it was good, I must say. I liked the story, plot and premise of the film. It wasn't super-deep and all, but some of its subject matter's definitely interesting. I will hold back on that, since that is one of the big spoilers of the flick.

But, this part is definitely worth noting -- the style of this sci-fi noir black and white film is absolutely outstanding, artsy, and beautiful. See it for the amazing visuals alone, guys.

It really looks like a graphic novel came to life, w/ its mix of 3D rendered visuals, 2D backgrounds, 3D backgrounds. It's beautiful to look at, in motion and all.

Idol, oh -- I'd love to see a game done in this style, myself.

One of the coolest looking games to use pixel shader tech was XIII, even though its in color. Not a great game, but its still good. Though, its style and everything absolutely is pitch perfect for the looks of comic-book/graphic novel beauty.