Author Topic: So I'm in Cali.  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
So I'm in Cali.
« on: Monday, May 02, 2011, 02:39:44 PM »
And not on the boards at all, really, thanks to mom's dialup connection and ancient computer that downloads at about 1kb/sec and uses IE 6. At Peet's right now having stolen her car for a couple hours. Realized I didn't exactly say I was going anywhere and just disappeared, but I'll be here for another 2 weeks. Finally got data working on my phone again, so may not be quite so incommunicado.

I'd say you guys would get a break from my emo bullshit, but then I found out something last night from my best male friend who decided to drop a little bombshell on me, and my house of cards toppled. I'm fucking lost and no longer even feel like being in the state. It'll wear off in a few months, probably, but it sort of made all the other things I was trying to deal with a fair bit worse.

Oh well. At least there's always coffee.

How's tricks? I'd try to catch up but my time is limited and I've got some actual business I need to use this wifi for. Bleh. I'm so tired. Maybe I should exchange my coffee for some speed.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
Re: So I'm in Cali.
« Reply #1 on: Monday, May 02, 2011, 02:48:29 PM »
Man you always do that.  You tease us with some shit that's gone down and never tell us what it is.

Anyhow, business as normal here.  Sporadic conversation on IRC, slightly less sporadic conversation on the board.

And yes, get you some of that grade A trucker speed.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Monday, May 02, 2011, 03:37:32 PM »
Hi there.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 02, 2011, 06:59:00 PM »
I got some of this fresh roasted coffee from Whole Foods Friday that is off the chain. I had the girl behind the counter give it to me fresh out of the roaster and it's probably the best coffee I've ever had in my life. It's called Brazil roast or something like that. Very low acidity, smooth as can be.

I grind up about 1 1/2 tbs per 6oz, put it in my french press, steep for about 4 minutes, and it is amazing.

So yeah. Hi there.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Monday, May 02, 2011, 07:30:54 PM »
Sorry K, seems with a lot of things I don't really feel like I can or should talk about, often due to not wanting to spread gossip. It wouldn't be right for me to talk about and both the parties are known to some here. Isn't even like a malicious sort of thing, it just kind of fucked me up. I'll get over it eventually.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #5 on: Monday, May 02, 2011, 08:29:52 PM »
It's OK, the next time you do something similar I'm just going to imagine you're involved way too deep in some government conspiracy or something.  If you won't tell the story then I'll just make one up in my head.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, May 08, 2011, 03:04:13 PM »
Sounds like there's a girl involved in this.

I hope you feel better soon.
Taken.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 09:26:26 PM »
Things are okay now, as the situation resolved itself in the end, but it ended up being sort of a sad story for a couple of different reasons, and really for all of us in the end. I suppose I wouldn't have had to be cryptic if I'd just left it more anonymous, but too late for that.

Trip otherwise went well. I was glad to be back in TX for some reasons, but also very sorry to leave for others. I'm still pretty fucked in the head by a lot of stuff, but seem to be taking it a lot more in stride, so that's a plus. Found my dad's old tobacco pipe too, which he used to help himself quit smoking cigarettes, and bought a couple bags of pipe tobacco which I've been smoking. It's nice, though obviously not entirely like cigarettes. But it gives me enough of a fix at the end of the day to not inhale 15 cigarettes, so it's infinitely better even if still not good for me. All goes as planned, I'll ween myself off of doing it regularly and maybe just enjoy a pipe every few weeks or something when a low-key evening is needed to unwind.

I don't really know what to make of my life right now, but I did manage to get a good chunk of writing on in Cali, and I'm trying to keep myself focused on that. Pretty much every time I focus on something else, it falls apart or bites me in the ass or causes someone I love to get hurt. Cali was a good break from that. Aside from the one incident, which turned out to be short lived, it was a vacation from emotional stress too.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 09:43:22 AM »
Welcome back.  Yeah, a couple of things of some importance happened during your absence.  The PSN debacle is one of them.  The site sure was quieter.

I know what it's like to feel entirely lost, and those who care about you being no help (because they're just as lost in regards to you, not because they don't care).  Focusing on something is effective therapy.  Over time, you'll ease into a new perspective on your situation, and it will be easier to deal with.  Just don't forget about your rights: to be here, to be free, and to pursue your dreams.  You are fully entitled to those always.  Your self worth is innate.  Best of luck, man.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #9 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 10:33:59 AM »
Thanks, Cobra. Kind words for a rough Monday morning are never unwelcome.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #10 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 10:51:53 AM »
The Que man.