Author Topic: DRAMA!  (Read 1252 times)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
DRAMA!
« on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 04:02:09 PM »
Ok, I'm in Starbucks right now, proofing a paper.  I know how lame it is to do this in Starbucks (I swear I am not writing a blog), but the library is closed because it's a stat holiday, it's raining out, I don't want to drive to school, and I can't get shit done at home at the moment.  There is also a really hot 'barrista'.

Anyways, right beside me there is a Phillipino woman, her white financee/husband/thing, and some elderly white lady who I can only imagine to be the Phillipino woman's friend/co-worker/employeer.  There's some kind of divorce/seperation negotiations going on here and the guy is being a total dick.  On one hand he is so petty it's funny (I gave you that cellphone!  It's mine!), on the other he's so fucking whiny it's annoying.  It wouldn't really be a huge problem as I have earphones in (That NIN Ghosts free CD is great for getting work done as it's kind of slow and not distracting), but every once and a while the guy raises his fucking screechy voice to the point where I can't ignore it.  I've shot him a couple "Hey look, you're an opportunistic dick and shut the fuck up" looks but he's just looked at me like I'm some kind of chump.    This very well could be an issue, especially now that I've turned the music down and am just listening to the conversation.

Who the fuck flies a wife over and then treats them like total shit?!  Oh yeah, guys who fly wifes over from third world countries pretty much always do that.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
Re: DRAMA!
« Reply #1 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 04:21:53 PM »
why the hell are they doing this at a Starbucks? shouldnt they be doing this at oh i dont know a LAWYERS OFFICE?
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #2 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 04:40:08 PM »
Remember, he's in Canada.   :-[

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 05:02:23 PM »
Who the fuck flies a wife over and then treats them like total shit?!  Oh yeah, guys who fly wifes over from third world countries pretty much always do that.

Isn't that the whole idea of buying a wife out of a subservient pool?  I'm not saying it's right, only that smiling obedience is the expectation.  Once the happy-slave fantasy doesn't happen, it can get ugly.

Offline JacksRag(e)

« Reply #4 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 05:30:44 PM »
The whole idea of buying a third world wife is to keep her at a second world lifestyle, at best.  Because once you get ideas of equal rights and freedoms and whatnot, it's over.  Good bye, dream.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 05:37:16 PM »
Right.  They have this thing called a brain, and it's pretty young, or they'd still be in whatever hellhole they escaped from.  It soaks up Western ideas like a sponge, and then if genuine love never entered the picture, it's all over.

Offline JacksRag(e)

« Reply #6 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 05:42:51 PM »
Yes, also, the best bet is to only let her have friends of a similar mindset.  New ideas and whatnot can otherwise be planted in those young minds. 

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 05:52:18 PM »
You couldn't have internet or even a TV, really.  Imagine all the Oprah, Judge Judy, Dr Phil . . .   :)

Offline JacksRag(e)

« Reply #8 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 06:13:47 PM »
Oooh, the media.  Good catch, I would have forgotten that one.  That's one less that'll get away.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 06:20:29 PM »
Don't forget the accessory package when you order one too. The 10 foot leash and knifeless kitchen sets are a must.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #10 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 07:20:02 PM »
Hooray for people.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #11 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 07:42:25 PM »
Ok, I'm in Starbucks right now, proofing a paper. 

I can't believe you're in Starbucks with your laptop. You can try to justify it all you want, but you are still that guy who sits in Starbucks with his laptop sipping a latte.

Edit: I mean that in a nice way. But in a point-and-make-fun-of-you kind of way.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 07:55:44 PM »
Thats really rude, Ghandi.. You know we are only supposed to point and make fun of those yellow bastards
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline WindAndConfusion

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 08:15:07 PM »
The whole idea of buying a third world wife is to keep her at a second world lifestyle, at best.  Because once you get ideas of equal rights and freedoms and whatnot, it's over.  Good bye, dream.
This is why you get a wife who speaks no English.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #14 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 09:59:36 PM »
The great thing about buying a wife is that you can get her to sell baked goods to pay for how much she cost you.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #15 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 11:22:47 PM »
I can't believe you're in Starbucks with your laptop. You can try to justify it all you want, but you are still that guy who sits in Starbucks with his laptop sipping a latte.

Edit: I mean that in a nice way. But in a point-and-make-fun-of-you kind of way.

Ok, I think I'm going to have to point out that I was in there wearing a tight white old navy $4 t-shirt with the sleeves ripped off and the No Limit logo scrawled on the front with jiffy marker.  If anything the people around me thought I found that laptop in starbucks.