Games > General Gaming

Elder Scrolls Online announced

<< < (8/9) > >>

PyroMenace:
I actually enjoyed it, which surprised me with how much skepticism I had going in. I am hoping it goes free to play because I wouldn't mind questing through the rest of the zones. Worst MMO ever though? Easily an over exaggeration, I thought the Old Republic was fucking bad, I couldn't last a couple hours into it, instant boredom.

W7RE:
MMOs I've played, in order of best to worst (in my opinion, of course):

World of Warcraft
Dark Age of Camelot
The Elder Scrolls Online
Guild Wars 2
Neverwinter
Tera
Age of Conan
Warhammer Online
DC Universe Online
Wildstar (beta)
Allods Online
The Old Republic
The Secret World (beta)
Rift
Defiance
Darkfall: Unholy Wars
Dragon's Prophet (beta)
Planetside 2
Lord of the Rings Online
Planetside (beta)
Firefall
Aion (beta)
Lineage II
Ragnarok Online
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (beta)
Final Fantasy XI (beta)
Runes of Magic

Destiny goes near the top, and ArcheAge goes below Guild Wars 2, maybe lower. Neither is out yet, so I'll see. ArcheAge I actually don't want to play, but a friend gave me the a $50 founders pack, so I feel obligated to play. There are no refunds, I already explored that option.

Just talking about Elder Scrolls Online again makes me want to play it again though. If the console version ever comes out, I wonder if it will be in free to play form to begin with.

MysterD:
ESO's subscription model to change on March 17th; console versions of the game are coming in June.

This game will be rebranded as Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited:
http://kotaku.com/how-the-subscription-free-elder-scrolls-online-will-wor-1680958606?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

-> ESO will be going buy-to-play like Guild Wars 1 + 2 and TSW - buy the game, play it whenever you want online.
-> ESO will have a Premium subscription for those interested called ESO Plus, where those that want to get it bonuses, DLC's, and other extras when they keep paying this fee.
-> Current subscribers of ESO + former ESO subscribers will also have a little extra rewards for paying the sub-fee + playing.

W7RE:
I'll probably get it for Xbox One, mostly because of this:

--- Quote from: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2014/05/08/eso-on-consoles--update ---Via a special offer, anyone who purchases and activates the PC/Mac version of The Elder Scrolls Online by 6/30/14 (11:59pm UTC) will have the opportunity to transfer their character(s) to either console version when they are released. The offer will allow you to begin playing immediately on the PC/Mac, and then add the PS4 or Xbox One version and transfer the character(s) you have created and developed. And, you don’t have to pay full price for the game twice. For $20, eligible PC and Mac players will have the option to add a full, digital version of ESO on either the PS4 or the Xbox One with your character transfer(s), and another 30 days of included game time.
--- End quote ---
and a recent update on the same issue:

--- Quote from: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/home?region=US ---Will I still be able to transfer my PC characters to console for the price of $20?
Players who are eligible to have their characters transferred will receive an e-mail informing them of the transfer option.  They will then be able to purchase the upgrade via our website at www.elderscrollsonline.com.
--- End quote ---

The character transfer isn't that big of a deal to me, anyone I'd be playing with on console will be leveling new characters anyway. Hmmm, I do have a shitload of crafting stuff unlocked though, and the last sets of research take like a month to learn. (you start it researching and it continues without you doing anything, but it does take weeks)

MysterD:
If anyone BETA tested the ESO PC version, you've likely been invited to the ESO Free Weekend which began today.
Check your e-mail that you tied to the ESO Beta for the free weekend key:
http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/04/13/welcome-back-weekend-kicks-off-this-week

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version