Author Topic: Gothic 3 Stuff Thread -- UPDATED w/ news on upcoming USA Release Date & Sys Reqs  (Read 3123 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
As everybody knew, G3 went gold in Europe...then, it was no longer gold and got recalled.
Well, it went Gold for Europe again....

Link:
http://press.jowood.com/html/News/news_details.php?id=565&title=NEWS&bereich=61

Now Gothic 3 shines gold in Europe

Liezen, Österreich, 26th of September 2006; Thousands of fans have been shocked after the message: “Gothic 3 is not gold anymore”. Rumours about delays, current situation of development and quality problems circulated trough the community and fans became much more nervous each day. JoWooD Productions, Deep Silver and Piranha Bytes attach great importance to on a very good quality which suits the expectations of the fans. Due to this reason the version has been optimized till the last second. Now it’s done: Gothic 3 is ready and in production. The game will be released on the 13th of October.

« Last Edit: Monday, October 09, 2006, 06:17:36 PM by MysterD »

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Gothic 3 = GOLD In Europe......AGAIN! For A 2nd Time!
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2006, 03:35:42 PM »
Sweetness! It's only a matter of time now :)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Gothic 3: US Version info....and no demo planned for G3
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, October 07, 2006, 10:28:57 PM »
Some info here, but Aspyr's (who is Gothic 3's USA Publisher) planning the US Version by X-Mas, pretty much:
http://www.firingsquad.com/games/gothic_3_interview/

FiringSquad: What is the current status of the US version of the game's progress and when will it be released?

Blaine Christine (of Aspyr): The US version is in the final stages of balancing and polishing. You can expect it on store shelves before Christmas!

Sweet. :)

FiringSquad: Are there any plans for a demo of the game to be released?

Blaine Christine: As you can imagine, it would be incredibly difficult to craft a demo from a seamless world, so there are no plans for a demo at this time.
I don't think Gothic 1 had one, either.
I think Gothic 2 had one, if I recall...

FiringSquad: What other unique features will Gothic 3 have?

Blaine Christine: There are a number of unique features in the game. From the immense, hand-crafted world to the fantastic, beautiful graphics engine to the seamless world with no loading screens, Gothic 3 will stand head and shoulders above the rest of the single-player RPG crowd. I think one of my favorite features has to be the use of real-world physics with the bow and arrow. In order to shoot an arrow at an enemy, you must take their distance from you into account. If an enemy is farther away, you must aim above their head since there will be a natural arc to the arrow’s flight path. This makes the archery component require skill and strategy to use instead of a simple point and shoot FPS interface.
Interesting.

Blaine: The newly revamped combat system is also incredibly fun to use. The melee combat against orc and human enemies is very fun and feels strategic because of the blocking and multiple types of attacks based on mouse input.
I hope it utilizes mouse-look for aiming, a la Dark Messiah demo and Oblivion.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Gothic 3 Stuff Thread
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, October 08, 2006, 02:00:35 AM »
I didn't mind the combat in the previous Gothic games, but it did take some getting used to. Hopefully they've worked out the kinks and tweaked it for optimal fun factor!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Gothic 3 Stuff Thread
« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 09, 2006, 06:14:13 PM »
Lots of news on Gothic 3's upcoming North American Release:
http://rpgdot.com/#0

Quote from: RPGDot.com
We´ve exchanged several emails with Aspyr to clear up some rumors and misunderstandings circulating about the North American Gothic 3. The official site has also been updated. Here´s the summary:

* Release date
      The date given on Aspyr´s site (Nov 13th) is not final: "We have not made an announcement on an official release date. The date you see on our site is a good bookmark though. As soon as we can lock down an official date we'll let you know."

* ESRB rating
      "The ESRB gave the U.S. version of Gothic 3 a Teen (T) rating this week. A T rating clears Gothic 3 as suitable for ages 13 and older." (source: Gothic3.Aspyr.com)
    * Packaging & medium
      The game will ship on DVD only "in an Amaray DVD case with a wrap that includes a flap."
    * Collector´s Edition
      Not planned.
    * System requirements
      The system requirements have been posted on the official site.
    * Differences US <-> UK versions
          o Gameplay: "There will only be one version of Gothic 3 worldwide. I can't stress that enough. One version.[...]In-game content is identical."
          o Credits:
          o Will be modified to include Aspyr. Intro: "I believe our intro movie will have some minor technical tweaks (taking advantage of the extra time), but this will be minor. Content of the movie will be the same. And obviously the intro movie does not affect gameplay."
    * Patches:
      Here´s the full quote, since this sems to be main reason for the delay:
      "It is true that the US version will ship later than the UK version. As such, the US version will ship with any updates and fixes available from the first Gothic 3 patch that will be released. Instead of downloading the first patch like the European gamers, US gamers will already have the updates in their retail copy when it ships. This bit of detail may be causing the confusion and may be why some people think the US version will be "different." "

* Translation and voice overs
      "The UK and US versions will have the same translation and voice overs."

Updated system requirements here:
http://www.aspyr.com/product/game_specs/54

Gothic 3
Platforms: PC
Genre: RPG
ESRB: Teen (For Blood & Gore, Language, Sexual Themes, Use of Drugs, and Violence)
PC Release Date: 2006-11-13
Keep in mind, that' release date's still not 100%, it's tenative....I hope it makes that date....

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

* 3D Hardware Accelerator Card Required – 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 128 MB with latest drivers
    * Windows XP
    * DirectX 9.0c
    * Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 3200+
    * 512 MB RAM
    * 4.6 GB free hard disk space
    * DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
    * Windows XP compatible mouse and keyboard with latest drivers
    * 4X DVD-ROM drive

This product does not support Windows 95/98/ME/2000 or NT.

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

* Intel Pentium D 3.0 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 4000+
    * 256 MB 3D Hardware Accelerator Card
    * 1 GB RAM

Notice: Some 3D accelerator cards with the chipset listed here may not be compatible with the 3D acceleration features utilized by Gothic 3. Please refer to your hardware manufacturer for 100% DirectX compatibility.

SUPPORTED CHIPSETS:

ATI Radeon 9800
ATI Radeon X300
ATI Radeon X550
ATI Radeon X600
ATI Radeon X700
ATI Radeon X850
ATI Radeon X1300
ATI Radeon X1600
ATI Radeon X1800
ATI Radeon X1900
nVidia Geforce PCX 5900
nVidia Geforce FX 5950
nVidia Geforce 6200
nVidia Geforce 6500
nVidia Geforce 6600
nVidia Geforce 6800
nVidia Geforce 7300
nVidia Geforce 7800
nVidia Geforce 7900

Notice: Mobile and integrated video chipsets are not supported.

Notice: This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some disk and virtual disk drives.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Gothic 3 Stuff Thread -- UPDATED w/ news on upcoming USA Release Date & Sys
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 10, 2006, 02:06:59 PM »
I like the way combat in this game looks, graphically.
I hope it plays as good as it looks.

Take a look -- and the dual weilding looks sweet in this game:
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/6750

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 10, 2006, 03:39:40 PM »
Oh man, thank God they finally got a new inventory system!

The fighting looks pretty cool too.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 10, 2006, 03:49:36 PM »
Oh man, thank God they finally got a new inventory system!

The fighting looks pretty cool too.
And they got TOOLBARS on the bottom of the screen, too!!! :)

I just hope the US Version that'll be containing the latest Gothic 3 patch upon release, is not a bug-ridden mess like version 1.0 is said to be overseas.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, October 12, 2006, 02:07:16 PM »
So y'all know, the European Version just got its first patch for Gothic 3....