Author Topic: BioWare Forums are closing down soon...  (Read 2500 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
BioWare Forums are closing down soon...
« on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 06:15:31 AM »
PC Gamer - BioWare Forums are closing soon.
Moving to a read-only state soon on August 26th, 2016.
And closing down entirely on October 26, 2016.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: BioWare Forums are closing down soon...
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 09:47:44 AM »
Another one bites the dust.  I posted there a fair amount while playing DA Inquisition, until they made some changes I didn't like, and then abandoned it.  (I've refused the last 3 patches or so.)  I also posted back in the DAO days.  Come to think of it, even DA2, but I didn't play that one until it was dirt-cheap more recently.

It's a shame, but that's what they get for selling out to EA.  They managed to keep some semblance of their own identity way longer than I expected.  I have no interest in the EA forums.  They're almost as bad as the Microsoft forums.  (Nothing is worse than that.)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 05:59:07 AM »
I used to post a fair amount on there, in the before-EA purchased them days. But once that happened & social media took off - yeah, I stopped posting on BioWare's Forums, for the most part. [shrug] These days, I spent most of my time either playing games, on social media (Twitter + Facebook), and whatnot.

For the real hardcore BioWare Fans that love them - this really sucks b/c those people that loved BioWare, these boards were really for; and they were ultra-passionate about BioWare games.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, August 04, 2016, 11:36:51 PM »
I am positive those forums were rigged. There were Bioware employees posting there 24/7 pretending to be fans.