Author Topic: Introversions new game: Subversion  (Read 1837 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Introversions new game: Subversion
« on: Thursday, January 04, 2007, 11:56:59 PM »
Stuff

They say they were working on this since before Darwinia, put on hold, and now they are back to it. No word yet on what the gameplay is like at all, or even what it'll be about.

They released screens last week of proto-type things...looked like a building blueprint in 3D or something. This week they released some cool screens and a short video. This shows something very interesting...a procedural city generator. The main roads are laid out first according to  a set of instructions so you can have mostly north/south and east/west roads, or circular type cities, or whatever you set it up for. The video shows a couple of these and then generates what I assume are minor roads (in yellow). Things like subdivisions and alleys. And at the end the city is populated with hundreds of buildings.

Offline PyroMenace

Re: Introversions new game: Subversion
« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 05, 2007, 12:25:32 AM »
I never did play Defcon. Shame on me.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 05, 2007, 01:27:55 AM »
Man. These guys are really spitting them out now, arn't they?

Fine by me.

Really though. Think of all the cool stuff you could do with a random city generator like that. Think of how many games would be cool to just boot into random city mod where you can go wild for a little like GTA or something like a modern/future Diablo.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 05, 2007, 02:02:24 AM »
Subversion is a nice code management tool, but I prefer CVS for most of my project work.

Anyway, this looks somewhat interesting.