Author Topic: No one will care, but this made me chuckle  (Read 1434 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
No one will care, but this made me chuckle
« on: Sunday, June 17, 2007, 08:50:38 PM »
I was playing Dungeon Crawl (Stone Soup version) to kill some time. Picked a spell caster since I normally just bash things in the head with an axe or fling arrows around. Wanted a change of pace.

I wasn't rushing around, trying to take my time and learn some things. The spell caster is pretty cool. Started off with a magic dart spell, typical damage dealer. Then I gained a frost bolt type deal that I guess slowed enemies and did ice damage. Didn't seem so great. Then I got a cool spell that creates a poison cloud! Fun! Just after I got it I was in this situation. I'm a big-ish room and a hallway to the right that has a flow of bad guys coming out. At the moment I could see 3 enemies, so I throw a poison cloud in there.

I laughed when I confused the orc and he hit the goblin. Damn near killed the goblin for me. The rest of the stuff you see is a pile of corpses and items those corpses had dropped, and the # is whats left of my poison cloud. After all this, at least 6 more baddies came down that hall including an orc wizard. Was a tough fight since I got super low on mana. Still kicked ass.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: No one will care, but this made me chuckle
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, June 17, 2007, 09:32:47 PM »
You always make me want to play these again and I always resist because they're a time sink for me.  If they ever get a really good one up for PSP I'm screwed.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #2 on: Monday, June 18, 2007, 09:10:52 AM »
I tried playing CastlevaniaRL but died a bunch of times.  I wish it was more fun.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Monday, June 18, 2007, 09:56:33 AM »
I've never figured out how health works in that game (or in Castlevania, I suppose). Like I'll be hurt, pick up a heart and...nothing happens?

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #4 on: Monday, June 18, 2007, 01:37:19 PM »
Hearts are the number of times you can use your special item.  I didn't even see any in CastlevaniaRL.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Monday, June 18, 2007, 02:36:48 PM »
Oh, thats kind of odd. How do you gain back health then?

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Monday, June 18, 2007, 09:22:12 PM »
Food....at least in the real Castlevania games.  Anyways, now that I think about it, CastlevaniaRL had a lot of potential, and it was cool how the creator would come and tell us about it.