Author Topic: Okamiden  (Read 1535 times)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Okamiden
« on: Friday, September 11, 2009, 02:28:59 AM »
Wait...wha?  Yeah, Okami sequel for the DS.  I'm pumped for sure, especially since I stumbled across the news while trying to find out how well Okami emulates since I don't want to rehook up a PS2 (answer - okay but graphical glitches and no post processing).

http://www.viddler.com/explore/Joystiq/videos/1919/

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Okamiden
« Reply #1 on: Friday, September 11, 2009, 06:20:43 AM »
Idol's been posting videos of this on IRC for a while now.  It looks pretty awesome, though I still feel a little weird about it.  Capcom fires the team responsible for one of the all-time classic PS2 games, then turns around and makes a sequel on the DS.  That's sort of fucked up.  At least the lead guy on the project seems to have approached the suits about it rather than the other way around.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Friday, September 11, 2009, 06:15:02 PM »
Okay, you guys have to post threads about shit like this.  I shouldn't have been in the dark this long.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Friday, September 11, 2009, 11:30:52 PM »
I don't know why we didn't, to be honest.  Maybe because it was so far off... it wasn't until just the other day that decent videos came out, I think.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, September 12, 2009, 12:04:37 AM »
Yeah, for a couple days it there was rumors, then a really short clip, and finally we got some real stuff on it.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, April 22, 2010, 07:07:18 AM »
So I guess it's coming here sometime next year.  (Why so long?)  The video here made me smile and get all goosebumpy.  The sad thing is that I'll probably pass on this, since it's for a tiny-screened portable.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, April 22, 2010, 07:56:01 AM »
2011?  Seriously?