Author Topic: Indie Royale Valentine Bundle  (Read 1344 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Indie Royale Valentine Bundle
« on: Tuesday, February 07, 2012, 02:09:38 PM »
Same place, same rules.

The games offered this time include a fantastical first-person action-adventure game (Steam for PC), an IGF-nominated puzzle adventure title (Steam for PC and Mac, Desura for PC and Linux, DRM-free PC, Mac and Linux download), a 'scorching' single and multiplayer arcade-strategy game (Steam for PC and Mac), and a world premiere on PC for a pair of retro RPG-defense games (Desura for PC, DRM-free PC download).

Those who optionally pre-order now will get game access as soon as the bundle launches, lock in the lowest price, and receive as a bonus One Life Left's eclectic 'Music To Play Games By Too' compilation, available for the first time ever digitally (this bonus is also available to those who pay more than the minimum price during the bundle.)
Interestingly, the preorder price is $4 and that is also the minimum price the bundle will sell at. Which makes more sense than having the preorder be more than the launch price.

Some of the current guesses for the games include: Zeno Clash, Lume, Hoard, and...no one knows what the last 2 would be. Personally I'm not preordering because 2 of the games require Steam and I already own Hoard.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Indie Royale Valentine Bundle
« Reply #1 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 09:08:25 AM »
Well the guesses were accurate. Zeno Clash, Lume, and Hoard (plus 2 Hoard DLC) are in it. The last two are Soulcaster 1 & 2 which kinda look like roguelikes or something.

I think I might skip this one personally. Maybe. Probably.

EDIT
I bought it anyway. Lume just looked too neat.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 10, 2012, 12:06:31 PM by idolminds »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 03:28:17 PM »
Yeah, I bought for Lume. Had to. Had my eye on that for a while.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Monday, February 13, 2012, 09:21:42 AM »
Bonuses added:
The following bonuses are now available on the redemption page of all previous, current, and future bundle-owners:

-Soulcaster I and II creator Ian Stocker - whose previous career was providing music for Game Boy Advance and DS titles, including the excellent Monster Tale - has provided .FLAC and .MP3 versions of the acclaimed retro soundtracks to both of his Valentine's Bundle games.

- The Zeno Clash creators at Ace Team have given us the remastered, re-edited Official Soundtrack to their game in HQ . MP3 form, created by veteran composer Patricio Meneses, who also soundtracked the developer's next title, Rock Of Ages. There's also a special mini-comic .PDF available within the .ZIP file for the soundtrack.

- State Of Play, who made Lume, gave us the HQ .MP3 version of the title tune to their game, also now available on the redemption page.

- Finally, as a special exclusive just for the Valentine's Bundle, Ian Stocker got together with his friends to exclusively create a 'Merchant's Legendary Arrangements' mini-album. Available in both .FLAC and .MP3 versions, this 6-track remix album, taking Soulcaster songs and mixing them up just a tad, includes artists such as Jake 'Virt' Kaufman (Retro City Rampage, Mighty Flip Champs), Surasshu (Centipede: Infestation), Dead Ops Arcade composer James McCawley, and other artists including DJ Bouche, Kyle Johnson and Madbrain.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Monday, February 13, 2012, 09:36:42 AM »
I tried out Soulcaster II. Its got a retro look to it and really wouldn't be out of place on the SNES. You pick up some "souls" of an archer, a knight dude, and some flame guy or whatever they call it. You get to place them down in the stage to fight for you since you're a wizard that cant really do anything himself. You can only place down a few dudes so you need to make use of choke points. Stick a knight to guard a bridge, then put an archer off to the side so she can shoot the hell out of anything that comes up. Its all pretty simple but pretty fun.