Author Topic: New ultraportable laptop from Samsung  (Read 1263 times)

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
New ultraportable laptop from Samsung
« on: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 06:50:51 PM »
Samsung released a new ultra portable called the Series 9 Notebook.  There's gonna be an 11.6" but the 13.3" was just released last week in the US.

It's drawing a lot of comparisons with the Macbook Air because of its slim and sleek profile (and really hefty price tag at $1600).  However, it's got fairly impressive hardware on it -- the new Sandy Bridge processor from Intel, a 128SSD hard drive, matte screen (a rarity nowadays).  More interesting though is the build quality.  It apparently uses duraluminum which is a really lightweight but durable aluminum that is used in planes.  The machine just looks really impressive.

I am seriously thinking about picking up one of these if my current laptop dies.  I've gotten to the point where graphical performance (for games) is no longer a necessity for me since I barely play games anymore.  Convenience and portability is more important to me now.  Now, if only I could justify that absurd price tag (and the fact that it's not released in Canada just yet).

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/28/samsung-series-9-900x-laptop-review/