Author Topic: Dead Rising is good right?  (Read 2084 times)

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
Dead Rising is good right?
« on: Thursday, November 30, 2006, 10:13:05 PM »
Just making sure, heh. I'm going to be near a Gamestop at work tomorrow, and I was thinking of picking it up. I probably won't get around to it until next week, as Zelda has my attention at the moment, and I have to beat it before I touch another game.

I can't imagine running around a mall killing zombies with anything in reach wouldn't be fun.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
Re: Dead Rising is good right?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, November 30, 2006, 11:04:05 PM »
Que seemed to enjoy the hell out of it.  I loved the demo that I played at work.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, November 30, 2006, 11:37:16 PM »
Pyro and Sy both enjoyed what they played here, too.  Yeah, it's definitely worth getting.  Just make sure you've got an HD setup first because of the SD-TV text issue that they've refused to patch.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #3 on: Friday, December 01, 2006, 02:15:37 AM »
The guys are PC Gamer seem to love this game. I hope it comes to PC... man that would be awesome... think of the mods.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #4 on: Friday, December 01, 2006, 02:38:30 PM »
The guys are PC Gamer seem to love this game. I hope it comes to PC... man that would be awesome... think of the mods.

A zombie game....
....And w/ mods....!

Oooh, I like the sound of this....

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, December 07, 2006, 09:21:14 PM »
This game is cool. But the save system is horrid. Ughh.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Friday, December 08, 2006, 12:22:31 AM »
Am I the only person who thought the save system was perfectly fine?  I mean, it sucks you can only have one save file, but that's about the only complaint I have.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: Friday, December 08, 2006, 12:31:04 AM »
It's just punishing. I'm not sure about later in the game, but in the beginning it sucks. You only have like 4 health bars, and it's hard to leave the boiler room, go through the first couple of case files, and actually get back to the boiler room to save. I had to go through case 1-2, and 1-3 twice before I finally made it back alive. I know you can save in bathrooms, but I have yet to find one.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #8 on: Friday, December 08, 2006, 12:55:09 AM »
They're all over.  And keep in mind the game is much easier if you just fuck around for a while, build some experience, then start the game over.  Depending on how much trouble you're having, that might be a good thing to do since each new game uses your same built-up character.  In fact, you really can't max out your guy in a single play.  Would take at least a couple.  And there are random events and all kinds of crap you can't see in a single play.  This is really meant to be played a bunch of times, and there's no shame in building up some experience and starting over again.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, December 16, 2006, 12:29:04 AM »
Okay, I'm loving the game now. The save system still kind of sucks though. It was just harder to survive, and make it back to the security room in the beginning of the game. But once you level some, and you have more health, and skills, survivability gets way better, and the game becomes more fun. It's just a blast running through the mall, killing zombies, an exploring stores to find more things to kill zombies with.

But anyway, yeah, I'm digging it.