Author Topic: E3 2009: What do you hope to see?  (Read 1139 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
E3 2009: What do you hope to see?
« on: Sunday, May 24, 2009, 08:25:36 PM »
E3 starts in a little over a week, so I was thinking about the things I want to see.

Sony has *something* going on for the PSP. There were a bunch of game announcements not long ago, and people are speculating that we'll see a new model PSP. I don't really care about that, I just want to see the games! I really hope they show of Little Big Planet and Assassins Creed for PSP. Maybe the long awaited Gran Turismo Portable?

I hope there are some price drops on the PS3, or (less likely) Wii.

I wonder if Guild Wars 2 will be shown. That would be great.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: E3 2009: What do you hope to see?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, May 24, 2009, 08:27:13 PM »
E3 2009: What do you hope to see?

Duke Nukem Forever.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, May 24, 2009, 08:43:01 PM »
I meant like...realistically.

Oooh! How could I forget Team Icos new game?

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, May 24, 2009, 08:52:03 PM »
-Konami's "maybe new MGS" game
-New Castlevania game that rumors are circulating about
-Team Ico's new game
-A real release date for FFXIII (yeah, right)

Those are just a few I can think of right now.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, May 24, 2009, 08:53:05 PM »
I'd really like to see Fable 2 PC and Gears 2 PC announced -- even though I ain't holding my breath here...

Some more Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2 would be cool.
If there's a Jade Empire 2 existing, I'd like to see stuff on that.

It's been a while since we seen some more stuff on Id's next game Rage -- I could go for some more Rage info and footage.

I'm sure there's a lot more I can't think of right now....

EDIT:
I could really go for a Witcher 2 (PC) announcement.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, May 24, 2009, 11:01:58 PM »
I'd second most of what's been said.  And given my experiences of late, I wouldn't mind seeing an RPG come out using the 4th edition D&D rules.  Wouldn't mind an announcement that Bliz is finally going to put Burning Crusade and Lich King into a nice cheap double pack, though they wouldn't really announce that anywhere, I guess.

Uh... I don't know.  There's so little I seem to be getting all that excited about.  Too many disappointments and too much politics getting in the way of stuff, I guess.  I'd rather go to Gen Con.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 01:01:28 AM »
Duke Nukem Forever (rofl)
Team Ico's new game - a lengthy (5-10 minute) video of gameplay footage, so I know exactly how it plays and can get a good look
Diablo 3 - I want a playable demo ;D  (fuck, just remembered Blizz is too big for E3, gotta wait for Blizzcon)
Modern Warfare 2 - 5-10 minute gameplay video please, no more teaser shit. I want to see footage with a gun in the bottom of the screen.
Alan Wake
Half-Life 2: Ep. 3
American McGee's Alice 2
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Dante's Inferno
Doom 4
Max Payne 3
Rage
Thief 3

New PSP - info on what all is new, what is missing (like the UMD drive), pricing info, digital distribution info (will all or most existing PSP games be made avilable if they're going for a 100% DD setup?

The best part about E3 is always the unexpected announcements, especially when it's one of those secret projects that's far along and you get to see lots of juicy stuff for it.

EDIT: BTW not only will Blizzard not be there, but I read that the head guy from Japan on Dead Rising 2 is afraid of the swine flu, so he won't come, therefore DR2 won't show.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 04:32:49 AM »
I'd second most of what's been said.  And given my experiences of late, I wouldn't mind seeing an RPG come out using the 4th edition D&D rules.
I'd guess given how NWN2: Storm of Zehir sets up stuff with Zehir character -- who is a 4th Edition character -- a NWN3 would deal with that.

I don't know what other D&D games would be coming -- maybe BG3 that's been rumored forever. Personally, I could only see Bioware or Obsidian making a proper BG3.

Wouldn't mind an announcement that Bliz is finally going to put Burning Crusade and Lich King into a nice cheap double pack, though they wouldn't really announce that anywhere, I guess.
Well, I am curious what their next new IP MMO will be.

Quote from: W7
Alan Wake
Half-Life 2: Ep. 3
American McGee's Alice 2
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Dante's Inferno
Doom 4
Max Payne 3
Rage
Oooh, I'd really like to see Max Payne 3, Alan Wake and HL2: Ep 3 stuff.

Quote from: W7
Thief 3
I got that -- Thief 3 IS actually Thief: Deadly Shadows. :P
I think you mean Thief 4.
Yes, I'd like to see more Thief 4 stuff, as well.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 03:39:39 PM »
errr, yea. Theif 4. :P

Wouldn't mind an announcement that Bliz is finally going to put Burning Crusade and Lich King into a nice cheap double pack, though they wouldn't really announce that anywhere, I guess.
Well, I am curious what their next new IP MMO will be.

I really wish Blizzard would attend E3. I guess we'll get all the info at Blizzcon, but that's not till like August. I really want to see Diablo III and a new WoW expansion. I also really want to hear about the new IP MMO. I have a serious love/hate relationship with WoW where I love the core gameplay, but hate the endgame. I'm hoping they do something in the new game for the people who miss world pvp.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 10:46:20 PM »
I'm really crossing my fingers for a PS3 price drop (rumors are $50-100).  That new redesign that's been spotted looks pretty cool as well.