Games > General Gaming

Resident Evil 3 Remake

<< < (2/3) > >>

idolminds:
I havent, Resident Evil is a series I havent been able to get into.

Quemaqua:
I just wonder if this is leading up to a remake of 4. That's everyone's favorite. Even I loved it back in the day, though it's hard to go back to now and it looks fugly as hell. But a remake would be really interesting there.

iPPi:
Given how much fun I had with RE2, I will definitely be picking this up!  It is supposed to come out in the next few days, but I will wait for it to go on sale before buying.  Long gone are the days where I will purchase a game at full retail price. 

MysterD:

--- Quote from: Quemaqua on Friday, January 10, 2020, 04:53:30 PM ---I just wonder if this is leading up to a remake of 4. That's everyone's favorite. Even I loved it back in the day, though it's hard to go back to now and it looks fugly as hell. But a remake would be really interesting there.

--- End quote ---

They already have a HD Remaster of RE4. And it's a masterpiece of a game.
I don't know if that one really screams of needing to be remade.

MysterD:
Mixed reviews are out there for RE3 Remake:
Metacritic - https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/resident-evil-3/critic-reviews

Coming from some of the reviews:
- This here w/ RE3 Remake v. RE2 Remake is similar to how RE2 (original) was considered much better than RE3: Nemesis (original).
- RE3 Remake is just not as great as RE2 Remake, especially since RE2 Remake set the bar so high.
- More action & less puzzles here in RE3 Remake.
- RE3 Remake is much easier.
- RE3 Remake is much shorter, per play-through.
- Some have said that this could've been a RE2 DLC.
- Choice & decision-making from RE3: Nemesis (old version) have been removed completely in RE3 Remake.
- RE3 Remake's removal of the decision-making hurts the replay value.
- Some locations & story elements from RE3: Nemesis were just cut here from RE3 Remake.
- Nemesis sequences are too scripted here in RE3: Remake, while it was randomized in RE3: Nemesis.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version