Games > General Gaming

Spec Ops: The Line -> UPDATE in 2024: Delisted everywhere (Reply 19)

<< < (2/5) > >>

PyroMenace:
I'm not sure what to think just yet, comparisons to MW I don't really care for, the fact it's its in a sort of futuristic setting kind of interest me. Its really hard to tell.

W7RE:
I'll wait to see more before making judgement, but it's got my interest. When my brother saw the trailer he said, "Yup, another brown shooter. No thanks." I'm sure that's an easy opinion when you don't play many shooters. I mean, he thinks CoD and Halo are pretty much the same thing.

MysterD:
UAE is already evaluating on whether to ban this game or not.

--- Quote ---Spec Ops: The Line Setting Draws Controversy
By Tyler Barber | Dec 16, 2009
The United Arab Emirates may ban Spec Ops: The Line.

2K's newly announced Spec Ops: The Line is already at the center of controversy as The United Arab Emirates is evaluating a ban on the game. Mohammed al Mutawa, a videogame censor at the UAE's National Media Council, spoke to The National newspaper on the matter, explaining, "we will have to review the game first before issuing any decision on whether to ban it or allow it." He continued, "If it becomes an international matter, various avenues are taken through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to follow this up."

Spec Ops' producer, Greg Kasavin, defends the title, saying, "this is not a contemporary version of the setting... [Spec Ops] takes place after an unimaginable natural disaster has struck the region." Kasavin made clear that no shoot-outs occur in mosques and that the enemies in the game are mostly rogue U.S. soldiers, and that they're not associated with any political or religious belief.

Spec Ops: The Line is currently scheduled for release in late 2010.
--- End quote ---

scottws:
Wow.  Greg Kasavin is the producer.  That's interesting.

MysterD:
Spec Ops: The Line (PC) -> System Requirements + requires Steam.

--- Quote ---Good news PC gamers: today I have answers to your many questions about the PC version of Spec Ops: The Line!

You want to know when PC demo is coming? June 12th.

You want to know what form of DRM Spec Ops: The Line will be using? That'll be Steamworks.

You want to know what kind of rig you'll need to enter sandstorm-ruined Dubai? You've got it:

Minimum:
Software: Steam Client
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 Equivalent
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Hard Drive: 6 GB free
Video Memory: 256 MB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS/ ATI Radeon HD 2600XT
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

Recommended:
Software: Steam Client
Processor: 2.4 GHz Quad Core processor
Memory: 3 GB RAM
Hard Drive: 10 GB free
Video Memory: 512+ MB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/ATI Radeon HD 4850
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

Other Requirements & Supports: Initial installation requires one-time internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include: STEAM Client, Microsoft Direct X, Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable, Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version