Author Topic: Official E3 2015 Thread  (Read 9379 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Official E3 2015 Thread
« Reply #40 on: Monday, June 15, 2015, 07:28:26 PM »
NEW Uncharted.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #41 on: Monday, June 15, 2015, 07:45:45 PM »
My brain melted. Just like Kickstarters servers.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #42 on: Monday, June 15, 2015, 07:49:52 PM »
My brain melted. Just like Kickstarters servers.

Sony was all over the place.

So, they show-off cool stuff, new stuff, remade stuff, + forgotten stuff...
...but they show-off COD: BO3 (namely to punch Microsoft), and some not-so-hot trailers for Hitman + AC: Syndicate?
Meh.

For me, BethSoft is the winner of the Conferences.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #43 on: Monday, June 15, 2015, 07:51:49 PM »
Shenmue 3 is already around $720,000 or so already:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: Monday, June 15, 2015, 08:20:58 PM »
So, I'm watching the Xbox stuff from earlier, on the Xbox, and a couple of jaw drops.  First off, the 360 backward compat is strictly software emulation.  Only a few snags need to be untangled, as well as legalities with licenses.  Otherwise, they could make it work directly.  What this means is that the catalog should fill up in a hurry, and digital titles will simply show up on your queue, ready to download.  For disc games, the disc is the key to download the massaged digital version.  Looks like the guide functionality will co,e along with this, meaning that hitting the Home button will bring up the familiar 360 guide while in these games.  Too cool.

THe other was the live Minecraft HoloLens demo.  That pretty much blew my socks off.  It seems to work exactly as shown in the non-interactive showcase earlier in the year.  The world just pops up on a real table, and through the gadget, it seems to reside right in your room.  You can interact in semi-tactile form with it.  It's a Windows-10 device, so streaming from the Xbox is involved.

And Sea of Thieves looks very much like Black Flag meets Monkey Island.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #45 on: Monday, June 15, 2015, 08:48:20 PM »
Shenmue 3 is already around $720,000 or so already:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3

This thing is at a million + right now, it's over doubled form when I just checked five minutes ago. 

THe other was the live Minecraft HoloLens demo.  That pretty much blew my socks off.  It seems to work exactly as shown in the non-interactive showcase earlier in the year.  The world just pops up on a real table, and through the gadget, it seems to reside right in your room.  You can interact in semi-tactile form with it.  It's a Windows-10 device, so streaming from the Xbox is involved.

I can't wrap my head around this, to be honest.   I feel like I went to sleep and woke up 30 years in the future.  So I get wearing the glasses and seeing the "hologram" but obviously the people in the audience could see it as well - is that a projection for showmanship or is that Hololens, a set of glasses and a hologram projector THAT SHOULD NOT EXIST?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #46 on: Monday, June 15, 2015, 09:27:07 PM »
The people in the audience only saw it on the projection screen from the camera. They attached the hollolens tech to the camera. All the audience saw on stage was a guy in funny glasses looking intently at an empty table. But that was a really cool demo. If it really works that well, it should be something neat.

Sea of Thieves looked really cool until I realized it was multiplayer and A) I'll never get to play it and B) online idiots will totally ruin the atmosphere. But it was pretty.

Sony did real well at least for my tastes. Hell, The Last Guardian alone is reason enough for me to get a PS4.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: Monday, June 15, 2015, 11:00:49 PM »
The people in the audience only saw it on the projection screen from the camera. They attached the hollolens tech to the camera. All the audience saw on stage was a guy in funny glasses looking intently at an empty table. But that was a really cool demo. If it really works that well, it should be something neat.

Sea of Thieves looked really cool until I realized it was multiplayer and A) I'll never get to play it and B) online idiots will totally ruin the atmosphere. But it was pretty.

Oh, yeah, gpw.  I should have mentioned that you need to be looking through the thing to see the holograms "in the room".  They explained at the beginning that they were using a "special camera" (presumably exactly what idol says above) so that the audience could see what the HL wearer was seeing.  They did cut back to a normal camera once or twice to show the difference.

It's a shame about Sea of Thieves being limited to online multiplayer.  It looks so much like something I want to play. 

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re:
« Reply #48 on: Monday, June 15, 2015, 11:21:02 PM »
Okay, that makes way more sense - I missed the start of that.  It was like "what the fuck, you can just project a hologram anywhere?!!   How long have I been asleep?!".  Still cool though

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 09:31:42 AM »
I thought Sony did well as well, but was a bit more impressed by Microsoft's announcements - namely the new controller (which is cool and something that I imagine people with disabilities will love) and the backwards compatibility.  While Sony hasn't announced BC, I don't think they'll have a problem implementing it with PSNow in very much the same way - put in your old disc and that's your key for that game on the service.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 04:44:05 PM »

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 05:29:49 PM »
I didn't update this for Nintendo yet because I spent most of the day at the library downloading trailers and watched Nintendo live! Woo!

Starfox Zero for Wii U looks snazzy.

Yokai Watch for 3DS. This series is HUGE in Japan. I want to check it out.

Yoshis Wooly World Wii U looks adorable.

Mario & Luigi Paper Jam for 3DS is the Mario & Luigi games meets Paper Mario.

Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes 3DS is like a new 4 Swords.

Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival for Wii U looks like an Animal Crossing version of Mario Party.

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer for 3DS actually looks cool. Design houses and yards for animals! Wee!

Fire Emblem Fates is a new FE for 3DS.

Metroid Prime Federation Force for 3DS is a co-op/multiplayer game set in the Metroid Prime universe.

Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash for Wii U. You don't need a description.

So not a ton new but it all seems pretty solid. Also showed Super Mario Maker which is like reason enough to buy a Wii U. That looks amazing.

Oh yeah, and Xenoblace Chronicles X. Release date in December. You're welcome, Belmonto.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 05:48:18 PM »
Two guys from Larian (worked on Divinity: Original Sin) are on w/ GT TV:
http://www.twitch.tv/gametrailers

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 05:48:53 PM »
Gotcha, don't buy a WiiU, I can get behind that.  

I'm joking, kind of.  I will say that the Starfox game looks like it was made in 2003 though

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 06:53:57 PM »
PC conference thing going on now. Gears of War Remaster and Killer Instinct coming to PC.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 07:05:51 PM »
PC show's terrible.
Too much talking. Not enough games, trailers, or demos.

GTTV + Larian got so bored w/ it, they began showing off Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 08:01:02 PM »
Planet Coaster announced - which is a new Roller Coaster Tycoon type of game.

Day-Z getting SP option, which will work offline.
Mods will also be supported on the SP side.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 08:36:38 PM »
No Mans Sky PC same day as PS4! Awesome news.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 11:41:10 PM »
I got around to watching the Horizon: Zero Dawn trailer. That game looks cool as hell. Like Monster Hunter but the monsters are actually giant robots.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 17, 2015, 05:10:36 PM by MysterD »

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2015, 05:22:36 PM »
Too many to link but if you're interested in Nintendo games then Hit their Youtube channel. They are running Treehouse Live streams every day playing things and talking about them, and then cut those sections out and make individual videos. So if you want to see more than just the trailers for their games, its all there.

That 3DS Metroid looks like a lot of fun but I don't know if it can be played singleplayer. And that Happy Home Academy looks cooler than I originally thought.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, June 18, 2015, 03:02:33 AM »
A Metroid Prime game where it isn't clear if you can play solo?  Are you serious?

I guess you are.

Dislikes on the reveal video running 10-1 against likes.  GOAL!

Nintendo have totally lost their way.  I didn't think I'd live to see the day.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, June 18, 2015, 01:01:01 PM »
As far as I know they've only shown the multiplayer stuff. This almost feels like it could be Nintendos take on Monster Hunter and they set it in the Metroid universe. I don't think there is anything really "wrong" with that, even though I think pretty much everyone that was wanting a new Metroid wasn't asking for this. Nintendo missed the mark.

But hey, it does look fun for what it is.

Watched the Yokai Watch and LBX videos and those games look pretty fun too.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, June 18, 2015, 04:43:02 PM »
I think as far as we know at this point there is only multiplayer in the game. This isn't an uncommon statement but I really believe that Nintendo has lost touch with not only the market but it's dedicated fanbase.  It's good that they're trying, but they are so far behind the curve when it comes to developing new IPs that it's actually kind of sad.  Take Splatoon for example.  New IP by Nintendo, great.  People like it, but it's also heavily criticized for lack of any single player content (I think?) and lack of online content as well.  It seems to me that it's kind of like a circa 2001 Dreamcast game - online multiplayer deathmatch!!!  That doesn't make a great game in and of itself like it did back then.  Specifically, it reminds me of Alien Front Online, which is weird. 

At least they're trying to adapt now, but they have to figure something out.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 06, 2015, 01:47:07 PM by MysterD »

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 05:18:25 PM »
Is E3 still going on?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 07:58:25 PM »
Nope, its over.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #68 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 04:50:36 PM »
Don't want to sit and watch those long press conferences? Why not check out the abridged versions!

Nintendo World Championships
Bethesda
Xbox
EA

The rest coming probably next week sometime.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #69 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 05:22:04 PM »
Haha, nice.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野