Author Topic: Bah!  (Read 1474 times)

Offline PyroMenace

Bah!
« on: Thursday, March 08, 2007, 08:27:58 PM »
So I've been playing Pikmin and I think I have to start over. I kind of went into it too carelessly and now I'm behind by 3 days if I'm supposed to retrieve a part each day. I thought maybe I could get 2 parts in a day but its just too taxing and can stretch too far into being frustrating. Bah, I was 15 days in too.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Bah!
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 08, 2007, 08:34:59 PM »
Play Pikmin 2. There are still days, but theres no limit to how many days you get.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, March 08, 2007, 08:56:02 PM »
You know, I never once played Pikmin.  I heard it was pretty good, but it was just something I passed over and never bothered to pick up.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 08, 2007, 09:09:57 PM »
That reminds me that I have Pikmin 2, and I have never played it.  Now would be a great time to rip the shrinkwrap.  I did play the 1st game all the way through.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 08, 2007, 10:24:35 PM »
Damn.  I can't believe how much reading this post makes me want to play Pikmin.  Seriously!  And I have no idea why.  But I really want to play it right now!  Funny how that can happen.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 09, 2007, 03:05:25 AM »
Alright I'm doing much better now. I seemed to have caught back up and Im 3 days ahead, woot. Though the bosses are rough.

I rented the game way back at the beginning of the GCN's lifespan, but I got too busy with other stuff I guess and only really messed with it a little. Then I bought the game like a year ago and haven't gotten around to play with it. Since I had just finished Zelda, for some reason I thought I'd give it another shot and now Im really addicted to it.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: Friday, March 09, 2007, 01:10:03 PM »
The more I look back on it, the more I'm starting to think the Pikmin games were my favorite on the Cube behind the Metroids.

It took me two tries to finish the first game, but went I restarted I managed to get way ahead in the first week or so. In the end I finished the game with something like four or five days to spare. The problem is you're generally learning how to play the first couple of days when you first start and end up wasting too much time. If you go in all smart, there's more than enough time.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #7 on: Friday, March 09, 2007, 01:19:55 PM »
Hmmm... I've never played this game or its sequel before, though I hear good things about this game.