Poll

So, what do you think Bethesda will be announcing as their new game?

Fallout 3, finally....
1 (33.3%)
Oblivion expansion pack
0 (0%)
Elder Scrolls 5!!
1 (33.3%)
I Don't know
0 (0%)
I don't care
1 (33.3%)
Other -- please list the game in a reply...
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Bethesda Softworks announce Rogue Warrior PC, X360, and PS3  (Read 3072 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Bethesda Softworks announce Rogue Warrior PC, X360, and PS3
« on: Saturday, October 07, 2006, 07:24:49 AM »
Yeah, what's BethSoft going to announce on Nov. 1st, 2006 for their next game???
See poll...

EDIT:
I forgot to put the link to the story and all, from RPGDot.com:
http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2534612&sid=7889d283ea4b5ca7aa28cb14389ee141

A blog entry at Wired.com apparently reveals Bethesda will make a game announcement on November 1st:

Oh hi! Forgot to mention that I'm in Las Vegas until tomorrow afternoon, at a Bethesda Softworks event. Yes, yes -- they actually invited me back to see their games after the whole Oblivion dustup. Their fans must be shocked right now, reading this.

At any rate, we're getting info on a game that'll be announced on November 1. So please look forward to that date, upon which you will be informed of everything. You'll find out, for example, how I got a thick layer of desert sand all over my white Old Navy shirt. Suspense!

You can decide if the sand is pertinent or not, although according to Gavin 'kathode' Carter, it's not Fallout 3. Thanks, B!
« Last Edit: Friday, October 27, 2006, 07:28:05 AM by MysterD »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Bethesda Softworks to announce new game on Nov. 1st, 2006!!!
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 07, 2006, 10:17:57 AM »
Either TES5 or Fallout 3.  They keep saying they want to do another ES game this generation, and if that's true, they'll need to get on it soon.  And Fallout 3 is already going, so I expect there'll be an announcement soon... however, they've already announced that they're working on it, they just haven't released anything real to the public yet.  So my guess is this is TES5, since that would be more of an announcement of a new game.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, October 07, 2006, 10:23:40 AM »
Either TES5 or Fallout 3.  They keep saying they want to do another ES game this generation, and if that's true, they'll need to get on it soon.  And Fallout 3 is already going, so I expect there'll be an announcement soon... however, they've already announced that they're working on it, they just haven't released anything real to the public yet.  So my guess is this is TES5, since that would be more of an announcement of a new game.

Que, you think it's possible they ain't doing a Oblivion expansion b/c they are doing TES 5?

TES 5 would be great news! :)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, October 07, 2006, 10:59:34 AM »
Considering that they've said no about the expansion before and considering how long it takes to make a TES game, my guess is they're focusing on doing the downloadables and then on TES5 itself.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, October 07, 2006, 12:00:39 PM »
Considering that they've said no about the expansion before and considering how long it takes to make a TES game, my guess is they're focusing on doing the downloadables and then on TES5 itself.

I wonder, since the way Oblivion ended, if an Oblivion expansion or TES5 will pick right up from there, since there's really....
(click to show/hide)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 11:16:27 AM »
Looks like it'll be a X360 game called Rogue Warrior that'll announced on Nov. 1:
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/741/741944p1.html

Bethesda's New Game: Rogue Warrior
October 25, 2006 - This wasn't meant to be announced until November 1st, though I suppose early leaks are what you get when you let magazines put the info in their rags that are then sent out to subscribers up to a week before the street date.

Anyway... the new game is a first-person shooter made on the Unreal Engine 3, entitled Rogue Warrior:

Featuring four-player Live co-op and space for up to 24 players online, Rogue Warrior is aiming directly for Ghost Recon's counter-terrorist comfort zone - especially with its online play over Xbox Live.

Bethesda and Zombie are touting a multiplayer tiling system, which allows players to build multiplayer maps from sections of other maps. According to the magazine, each level is made up from three sections - you choose one, the other team picks another, the then centre section is plucked out of the list at random by the Xbox 360 (from over 200 combinations).

Opposing teams won't know what the other team has picked until they're in the game. The main aim of this feature is to stop players getting bored of playing on the same maps, according to the makers.

The only release offered was '2007'.

This looks hot, so check back on November 1st for the first screenshots and what not.
-- Andrew Burnes

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 12:52:11 PM »
Sweet! Sounds like something I've been waiting for!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god