Author Topic: What the hell is going on with Wii, and Zelda?  (Read 2011 times)

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
What the hell is going on with Wii, and Zelda?
« on: Tuesday, November 07, 2006, 03:46:30 PM »
I haven't pre-ordered either one yet because no one has it to pre-order. Everyone says they are out.

Any of you guys pre-ordered yet?

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
Re: What the hell is going on with Wii, and Zelda?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 07, 2006, 03:50:41 PM »
This is what ebagames, and gamestop are doing...

"This Thursday evening (CST), November 9, your opportunity to get in on the excitement arrives when the Wii Bundle becomes available for purchase online. You'll get the best games, accessories and more in one convenient package delivered right to your door - all for under $699 plus tax and handling."

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, November 07, 2006, 03:54:45 PM »
I haven't pre-ordered either one yet because no one has it to pre-order. Everyone says they are out.

Any of you guys pre-ordered yet?

It's the same story here too, all of the Gamestops and EBs around here ran out of their Wii preorders on the first day of preorders.  There were people waiting outside for 12 hours or more for Wii and PS3 preorders at the Gamestop next to my work.  If you can't find a place that can do a preorder you might have to wait in line at a Wal Mart, Best Buy or other large retail chain that isn't doing preorders and hope you get there early enough to get one.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, November 07, 2006, 03:58:05 PM »
Well, I just ordered Twilight Princess from Amazon.com, they aren't taking Wii orders though.

Yeah, I'll have to get to a Circuit City or something to get one. Lamezor.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, November 07, 2006, 05:55:42 PM »
You could just get Twilight Princess for GC couldn't you?  I mean, it's almost exactly the same except for the left-hand right hand thing and the controls. 

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, November 07, 2006, 06:31:10 PM »
I originally intended to pick up the Wii on launch.  But when I realized that Zelda was the only game that was coming out that actually interested me, I think I'll hold out to closer to Christmas or something like that before making a decision.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, November 07, 2006, 06:37:27 PM »
So there is going to be a shortage?  I remember I walked up to Walmart the first day of the Cube's launch with no pre-order and there were like six people.  I was hoping Jennie would get me one of these for Christmas, but it's sounding less and less likely.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, November 07, 2006, 06:48:32 PM »
I don't think there will be a shortage... I just think that the stores aren't taking any chances with taking preorders after what happened with the Xbox 360 so they're not taking many preorders at all.

Last I heard there were over 2 million Wiis prepared already, and that was well over a month ago.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, November 07, 2006, 07:21:14 PM »
I wouldn't worry about it.  They've been saying that the first run is going to be way, way more than is actually needed to fill orders.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野