Author Topic: Dreamfall's pretty good...  (Read 2127 times)

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
Dreamfall's pretty good...
« on: Saturday, March 31, 2007, 06:25:45 PM »
I finally decided to buy Dreamfall, and it was a damn good choice.  I'm having an absolute blast with the game.  The storyline is interesting and engaging.  The puzzles and combat are kind of on the easy side, but being back in the world of The Longest Journey is pretty damn good.  It makes me want to play the first again, which I might when I finish up with Dreamfall.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Dreamfall's pretty good...
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 31, 2007, 06:39:07 PM »
I finally decided to buy Dreamfall, and it was a damn good choice.  I'm having an absolute blast with the game.  The storyline is interesting and engaging.  The puzzles and combat are kind of on the easy side, but being back in the world of The Longest Journey is pretty damn good.  It makes me want to play the first again, which I might when I finish up with Dreamfall.

Dreamfall is pretty good, but it is no TLJ -- namely, ONLY when it comes to the puzzles.
The puzzles in DF are too much of the same and repetitious -- namely, the lockpick ones are overused.
The complexity of the overall number of puzzles are lacking, when compared to TLJ.

I wasn't too fond of some of the action sequences, either.
The stealth sequences were okay, though.

Though, the voice-acting, music, and story is absolutely outstanding.

DF is definitely a pretty good game, but it could've been great.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, April 04, 2007, 02:48:32 PM »
Finished the game today.  Great storytelling, but the game was way too short, and the ending is definitely somewhat disappointing. 

Still, we know that there's going to be more on the way.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, April 04, 2007, 03:11:19 PM »
Finished the game today.  Great storytelling, but the game was way too short, and the ending is definitely somewhat disappointing. 
I like the ending one one hand, but on the other hand is that it really does leave a nasty cliffhanger.

Still, we know that there's going to be more on the way.
Yep, and who knows when the Dreamfall Chapters will be coming...

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 07:15:18 PM »
Aspyr's planning to release a Dreamfall: Game of The Year Edition.

This Edition will contain the Original TLJ and Dreamfall in the same box.
Also included in this box is the Soundtrack for Dreamfall.

Dreamfall: Game of the Year Edition [April 30, 2007, 9:53 pm ET] - Post a Comment
Aspyr announces that they aspire to release a game of the year edition Dreamfall:

Austin, Texas – April 30, 2007 – Aspyr Media, Inc. will release Dreamfall™ Game of the Year Edition for PC in North America this spring. The high value release includes the original The Longest Journey, Dreamfall: The Longest Journey and the MTV award-nominated original soundtrack for Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. Scheduled to ship in North America this May, Dreamfall Game of the Year Edition combines two award-winning titles that are both considered among the finest adventure games ever created.

Both games included in the Game of the Year Edition feature exotic worlds to explore and powerful stories that capture both the mind and heart. With gripping characters, intriguing puzzles, beautiful art direction, diverse gameplay and soaring music, Dreamfall Game of the Year Edition sets the standard for modern adventure games.

“Both Dreamfall and The Longest Journey are stunning adventure games that have captured the imaginations of gamers around the world,” said Michael Rogers, President and CEO of Aspyr. “The numerous accolades for both games speak for themselves, and with the incredible value of Dreamfall Game of the Year Edition we hope that even more gamers will immerse themselves in these fantastic worlds created by Funcom.”

“It’s great to see that The Longest Journey saga continues it’s retail presence with this great release from Aspyr,“ said Trond Arne Aas, CEO of Funcom. “Few adventure games have received so many awards as these two titles. With this foundation, and the incredible value of the new edition, we hope that it will become the adventure package of choice in North American retail.”

Dreamfall Game of the Year Edition is rated “M” for Mature by the ESRB and will be available for the suggested retail price of $29.99.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Friday, November 23, 2007, 12:53:58 AM »
I just finished this.  It is pretty good like you say, or rather the first two thirds of the game is pretty good, I"m still waiting for them to release the last third.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Friday, October 24, 2014, 06:49:47 AM »
With DF Chapters: Book 1 out now , since it's been said DF Chapters picks up where Dreamfall left off; and in case anyone's looking to play DF: TLJ (2006) for the first time or actually replay it...

PC Gamer -> How to run Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (2006) on Win 7+8; and how to use GeDoSaTo for Downsampling to higher-resolutions + better graphics quality.