Author Topic: Sandals  (Read 941 times)

Offline ren

• Veteran
Sandals
« on: Thursday, June 12, 2008, 01:05:01 PM »
Today, I went to get beer and the lady asked me for ID. I showed looked at it and said "really?" The picture on my id is really crappy so I assumed she thought it was fake. Whenever I use it I always think this will happen but nobody's said anything yet. A bouncer did laugh at it once though. It turns out she thought I looked way older than 19.

Then, I got chinese food and came home and watched Escape From New York. The movie is badass and I want to see more like it.

Driving in my car between all my destinations I listened to Buzzcocks which is awesome driving music. It's not hot today (20C/68F) so the lack of air conditioning in the car was not an issue.

Six Feet Under Box Set is on sale for $120 on amazon.ca so I accidentally bought it and regret that but at the same time am also very excited to get it.

Last weekend at work I had to work in the ladies department and it was horrible. Women have no respect for the store and make a huge mess. I needed to get out of there so  planned on watching Die Hard when I got home for a testosterone boost. A girl at work made cheesecake so I ate that instead and forgot about Die Hard.

Does anyone here use last.fm? We can be last.fm friends!

Offline PyroMenace

Re: Sandals
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, June 12, 2008, 01:19:36 PM »
This sounds like something straight out of Uncle Jesse's blog.

Except his is totally sweet and yours is not.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, June 12, 2008, 01:29:45 PM »
Uncle Jesse from Full House? He has a blog? and he's stealing his blog ideas from me?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, June 12, 2008, 02:55:44 PM »
Step 1: Grow a beard, never have to show ID ever again.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, June 12, 2008, 03:05:51 PM »
I never do at the LCBO but almost always at The Beer Store. They have some policy of carding anyone who looks under 25 or something and I definitely look under 25. The lady at the counter today thought I was well over 19 and carded me anyways.

My beard is splotchy too. and the moustache comes in way thicker than anyone else and it makes me look dirty.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, June 12, 2008, 03:14:17 PM »
I think the guideline for carding is if you look like you're anywhere in your 20s (or younger).

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, June 12, 2008, 06:47:13 PM »
I never used to get carded for anything.  I went to bars, got drinks, and went to pool halls and stuff all the time when I was 16/17.  Well, not like *all* the time, but often enough.  And everyone always used to ask me "how's college?" and that kind of thing when I was in high school.  Soon as I turned 21, all of a sudden everyone started carding me all the time, and when I got the job I have now, everyone thought I was 17.  What the hell?  It's like I'm getting younger.  Of course, then I grew my hair out and just started looking scraggly and now nobody seems to care what I am... they just don't ask questions.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, June 12, 2008, 08:43:44 PM »
why not thongs?
Taken.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, June 12, 2008, 08:52:47 PM »
For clarity's sake they shall be called flip-flops.

I knew a guy who didn't get carded at all when he was in middle-school. He could grow a full beard in a matter of two days and looked like he was in his mid-20s. Now he's in his early 20s and still looks like he's in his mid 20s.