Author Topic: Battlefield 4 -> Update: One week of BF4 PC Game-Time FREE on Origin  (Read 2450 times)

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
Re: Battlefield 4
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, March 26, 2013, 11:23:20 PM »
17 minutes of single player gameplay:

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 05:02:55 PM »
That was... incredible.

A bit over the top, but it demonstrated the engine and what its capable of with some amazing stuff, especially when they were in the collapsing building. That video has made me more excited about next gen than anything else I've seen has.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 12:16:43 AM »
That was impressive.  I think it's one of the few gameplay videos where I watched the whole thing. 

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 03:51:40 PM »
Oh, man...I hope the rest of the SP campaign is as incredible as THAT!
I'm sure the MP will be stunning again, as usual...

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 04:41:46 PM »
I as bored to tears with the SP in BF3. I made it to the airplane mission that starts on the aircraft carrier, and got a glitched button prompt ("press [!] to close the canopy") and just gave up.

This looks like a lot of fun though. I'll more than likely get the game anyway, just for the multiplayer, but a solid SP would be very welcome.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 09, 2013, 08:42:33 PM »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Battlefield 4 -> Update: One week of BF4 PC Game-Time FREE on Origin
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, August 10, 2014, 03:23:02 PM »
Thanks to EA Origin's Free Game-Time one week trial, Battlefield 4's SP Campaign is in the books after approx. 11 hours of it.

While the stories, characters + all of that stuff is very weak + paper-thin, as you'd expect w/ a BF's SP campaign...
....the campaign was actually pretty good - b/c of the actual gameplay. I'm actually surprised.

And here's why.

Namely, I thought BF3 SP's lacked the huge spawling open-spaces + awesome battles that happen in the MP w/ lots of vehicles, enemies + action happening on-screen. Well, DICE must've heard my complaints there - b/c BF4's SP, for the most part, is loaded w/ huge just that: huge open-spaces + awesome battles to ensue in most of the game levels.

Sure - the game's linear, there's scripted events, and a lot of those linear SP military-FPS trappings - but my one major complaint from BF3's SP is gone here in BF4's SP. The battles when in those open-spaces - they're just like how I like the MP found in the BF games: chaotic + a lot of combat going on.

Now, if they could actually get some good character, plot + story writers for the SP campaign - they'd be onto something.