Author Topic: ALIENS stop motion movie from 1992!  (Read 1344 times)

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
ALIENS stop motion movie from 1992!
« on: Sunday, May 03, 2009, 01:16:27 PM »
I spent hours slaving over these cardboard sets and glueing them together to the sound of Metallica's Black album and a Das EFX tape I stole from my sister (to this day I still associate Das EFX with ALIENS and vise versa). The video camera didn't even have stop motion support, just a time lapse thing that recorded 1 second at a time, so the end result isn't so smooth. I guess my brother helped me work on it, but I just remember making those sets all day.

Anyway, my brother uploaded it to youtube:

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: ALIENS stop motion movie from 1992!
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, May 03, 2009, 01:41:53 PM »
Dude! Awesome!

I love the mecha scene ;D

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, May 03, 2009, 07:04:11 PM »
This totally reminds me of all the LEGO stop-motion movies I made.  On those though I just recorded what I thought was about a second and stopped.  There was a lot of work without a lot of payoff, but it was fun and it was often unintentionally hilarious.  I didn't try any audio.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, May 03, 2009, 08:25:56 PM »
I think I tried audio on something I did, but not this one. The music you hear I think it stock music that Youtube offers. The original audio was a mess of clips from whatever was happening in the background while I was filming.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, May 03, 2009, 09:48:26 PM »
Heh, that's totally awesome.  I'd watch it twice.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #5 on: Monday, May 04, 2009, 07:35:53 AM »
I think I tried audio on something I did, but not this one. The music you hear I think it stock music that Youtube offers. The original audio was a mess of clips from whatever was happening in the background while I was filming.
Haha yeah.  I remember on one of my LEGO videos you could hear my friend messing with his Reebok Pumps in some of the frames.