Author Topic: Spider-Man 3!  (Read 7068 times)

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
Spider-Man 3!
« on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 06:31:56 PM »
So, Meg and I have tickets for the 12:01am showing of Spidey 3. We got the tickets from a buddy of mine for $16. At first we were going to pass on it, but we decided it would be fun to go out late like we did way back when. Downside is, we are both going to be dead tomorrow. We probably won't be back until about 3am.

Oh, and we are going to go see it at "The Rave" whatever the hell that is. Supposedly it's an awesome movie theater. Recliner seats, arm rests go up, everything is in DLP. Hopefully this check puts out...

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
Re: Spider-Man 3!
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 06:55:54 PM »
Going tomorrow at noon! Yup, Neopets is paying for the tickets and we go on company time! That means I am technically working....at Spider-man 3!! woo-hoo!
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 08:03:51 PM »
I hate you.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 11:50:49 PM »
Markets around here had this deal where buying like ten items from a list would get you two free tickets, so Aimee and I took advantage, stocked up on some snacks, and got the tickets. I'm thinking we'll go to the early show on Saturday or something.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 04, 2007, 01:11:53 AM »
We saw it! It was good! Time for sleep!

Heart Venom.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, May 05, 2007, 09:33:26 AM »
I loved it. It was a really entertaining Spidey flick. It was like 2 and half hours long, but it went by really fast. I don't want to say to much about it, because it might spoil it a little bit. But it was good. Go see it.

(click to show/hide)

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, May 05, 2007, 02:28:40 PM »
I don't know. I sorta felt like it was the worst of the three movies so far. It was too much pushed into what really should have been two movies, things than needed more fleshing out got the shaft and felt phoney (Sandman's story, for example), what didn't work was drawn out a bit too much and made parts drag, too much was just by chance (even for a comic book movie that was trying to be comic-bookie) and I really didn't like how Venom turned out visually. The tendrelly stuff was great, but the costume's face just didn't work like it could have. It needed to be more bestial or something... I dunno, it just sorta looked silly.

Parts were decent and Bruce Campbell's mandatory cameo was awesome, but overall I get the feeling Sam Rami shoved the whole Vemon story in there because fans have been calling out for it so much and it and the rest of the story suffered from being too chopped up and compressed.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, May 05, 2007, 02:54:54 PM »
I agree for the most part. It wish it would have just focused on the symbiote, and Venom. They tried to cram too much into it. But it was pretty entertaining.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, May 05, 2007, 03:08:57 PM »
I was surprised to see something like a 61% at rottentomatoes.  I guess the reasons are now trickling in.

I'll see this sometime.  There's a chance my brothers and I will go on mother's day, after we do the typical stuff for the day (go out to eat with mom, cards, sit somewhere and chat . . .).

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, May 05, 2007, 03:10:44 PM »
Part of it is that out of all the Spiderman characters and villians, Venom is the only one that I really like. So, if they butchered the Green Goblin (which they did) or Doc Oc (which they didn't), it wasn't a big deal and I could enjoy the movies on their own terms. With Venom, it's just one of those things that I have an image of what works and this wasn't it so it hurts things even more.

Even still, the movie had its own share of problems far worse than the visualization of a favorite character. Making him look better would allow someone like me to forgive more problems, but that wouldn't help the movie proper much.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, May 05, 2007, 03:13:36 PM »
I continue to have zero interest in these movies.  I caught a tiny part of the first on TV the other day and thought, "Well, maybe it's okay... maybe I'll Netflix it or something."  It took about twenty minutes for that feeling to wear off.  I just plain don't care.  Nothing about these movies has ever really seemed appealing to me.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, May 06, 2007, 07:59:05 AM »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, May 06, 2007, 04:33:49 PM »
I don't know. I sorta felt like it was the worst of the three movies so far. It was too much pushed into what really should have been two movies, things than needed more fleshing out got the shaft and felt phoney (Sandman's story, for example), what didn't work was drawn out a bit too much and made parts drag, too much was just by chance (even for a comic book movie that was trying to be comic-bookie) and I really didn't like how Venom turned out visually. The tendrelly stuff was great, but the costume's face just didn't work like it could have. It needed to be more bestial or something... I dunno, it just sorta looked silly.

Parts were decent and Bruce Campbell's mandatory cameo was awesome, but overall I get the feeling Sam Rami shoved the whole Vemon story in there because fans have been calling out for it so much and it and the rest of the story suffered from being too chopped up and compressed.
W/ all the villains and stuff I read about what's goin' on for Spidey 3, it really does sound like this movie should've been 3 hours....

...I mean, you got Sandman, Green Goblin Jr., Venom, and the issues w/in Spidey -- this just sounds like something 2 hr 20 (or so) mins can't handle. Sounds too short, to me.

I'll have to see it (eventually), to see for myself...

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, May 06, 2007, 05:59:51 PM »
Adding time wouldn't have fixed it because, like I said, lots of parts just dragged. It needed to be two fully enclosed movies that dealt with their own issues and events separately so focus could be applied properly to the events.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 09, 2007, 12:30:35 AM by sirean_syan »

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #14 on: Monday, May 07, 2007, 09:35:40 AM »
I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, May 08, 2007, 11:47:41 PM »
I saw it at IMAX today. I thought it mostly sucked. I don't know what happened with this. The more I thought about it, the more it felt like a total train wreck. Its probably mostly to do with how they dealt with the venom symbiote because I absolutely loathed how they handled it. I mean all the villains in general were not given enough time to develop. It was fucking awful. There's that then throw in some emo Peter Parker stuff... and you got one shitty ass spider-man movie. Don't waste your time with this one.

Offline Xero

• Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2007, 02:47:21 AM »
As much as I wanna defend Spidey on this I have to agree with Pyro. It felt like way way to many things were shoved in and no particular thing was given enough screen time to flesh out.  I swear it feels like they shoved the whole symbiote and venom were in there just to try and please fans that were screaming for it and in the end ruined what could have been another good movie.

Ah well. Seems the third time is definately not a charm for Marvel movies.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2007, 01:18:22 PM »
I thought it was horrible. The first two movies were great, but this, this was a piece of crap. Sandman wasn't presented in a very interesting way. What was with the whole I'll team up with Venom to kill Spider-man and then at the end it turns out I'm actually a perfectly good guy and the murder was an accident? In the other movies the baddies always turn bad because something happened to them, and by the end they're "cured" or whatnot. But with sandman, nothing happened, it just didn't work.

and speaking as someone who knows nothing about spider-man except from the first 2 movies and the old tv series from decades ago, what was with venom? Based on what I saw, he was an awful enemy. Maybe I'd like it a bit more if I actually knew some of his backstory from the comics.

emo spiderman? That was just dumb. Did they really need to give that so much screentime? Like the whole jazz bar scene, it contributes nothing to the movie but disappointment, and the feeling that I just wasted $8.

The action scenes didn't redeem anything either. They were decent, but not as good as the ones in the other movies, and just too short.

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2007, 03:14:40 PM »
This one was just too cheesy. I did like venom spidy and some of the fights were great to watch, I liked it when Peter and Harry squared off in the manson that was the best moment.
But the jazz thing and the walking around town acting like a dick was over done. And yeah I agree what the hell was that at the end with The Sandman...  :o Peter might as well have waved goodbye and said good luck being a bad guy mate!

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #19 on: Monday, May 28, 2007, 11:04:45 AM »
I had zero interest before in this movie and after reading these comments I want to not see it now.

The first two movies just weren't that awesome for me.  The first was decent, but the the second in particular was crap.  Doc-Oc is the stupidest villain I have ever seen.

I guess I don't like them because I think Spider-Man is a pretty lame hero.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2007, 04:03:50 AM »
I was just watching this and I turned it off at the jazz bar.  what the fuck?

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, September 20, 2007, 06:58:03 PM »
I finished it.  It was, without a doubt, the worst superhero movie I've ever seen. 

(click to show/hide)

On one hand I hope the franchise is dead, on the other I kind of hope someone else can save it.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, September 20, 2007, 10:24:19 PM »
I really enjoyed it for its action, but yea Tropher Grace cast as Venom was a horrible fucking move.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, September 22, 2007, 01:47:54 PM »
When is this coming to DVD?

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, September 22, 2007, 01:52:45 PM »
www.amazon.com?

I doubt anyone knows off hand. :P

Offline JacksRag(e)

« Reply #25 on: Saturday, September 22, 2007, 03:56:08 PM »
Far as I know, street date was the last Tuesday of October, I think the 30th?  Though I'm far more interested in Transformers on the 16th.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, September 22, 2007, 08:12:33 PM »
I'm actually not really expecting much from Spidey 3 nor The Transformers movie....

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, September 22, 2007, 09:00:53 PM »
I'm actually not really expecting much from Spidey 3 nor The Transformers movie....

Well then you wont be too disappointed.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, September 23, 2007, 03:33:07 AM »
I just watched Spider-Man 3 and my expectations were so low that I didn't even want to watch it. I really didn't think the movie was that bad, but I was surprised how little screen time the villains had in this movie. I only had three main gripes with the movie:

(click to show/hide)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, September 23, 2007, 07:30:39 AM »
I finished it.  It was, without a doubt, the worst superhero movie I've ever seen.
Really?
It's worse than the Fantastic 4 Movie?  ???

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, September 23, 2007, 08:35:12 AM »
I've never seen it so I couldn't really say.

There's one good clip in there that makes it worth watching.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 23, 2007, 09:20:38 AM by gpw11 »

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, September 23, 2007, 11:42:26 PM »
That's some funny stuff right there.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #32 on: Friday, September 28, 2007, 06:27:23 PM »
I've never seen it so I couldn't really say.

There's one good clip in there that makes it worth watching.

haha.