Author Topic: SW: KOTOR MMO Rumor  (Read 1057 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
SW: KOTOR MMO Rumor
« on: Thursday, April 26, 2007, 02:13:26 PM »
SW: KOTOR MMO Rumor flies...

BioWare - KotOR MMORPG in Development?
by Dhruin, 22:27:32

I had planned to disregard this but it's now running on practically every site, making it hard to ignore the elephant in the room.

EGM magazine has posted a bunch of BioWare rumours with absolutely no evidence to back them up, including their current DS game is a Baldur's Gate title, Dragon Age is slated for the PS3 and a KotOR MMORPG is in development.  Since the Dragon Age for PS3 thing has been substantially debunked (while realising that most titles head to other platforms eventually), it's hard to embrace the veracity of the claims.  But who knows?

Head to CVG or just about anywhere else to read about it.
I dunno', but I think if anybody would be doing a SW: KOTOR MMO, it would be Obsidian.

I don't think Bioware really wants to touch anyone else's IP anymore, after what they went through w/ LucasArts w/ KOTOR (on possibly wanting to release a toolkit, but was denied that) and w/ Hasbro (for BW wanting to do more "riqsue" content for NWN: Hordes and NWN: Witch's Wake Module).

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: SW: KOTOR MMO Rumor
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, April 26, 2007, 02:47:12 PM »
God no.

edit:

I say that after the fiasco that Galaxies was as after so much hype. So many E3 awards and then it just ended up as so disappointing. Also I am just sick of hearing about people jumping on the MMO bandwagon, yet at the same time it keeps the PC platform strong so oh well. I'd rather see a KOTOR3, and not done by Obsidian. Let them concentrate on making NWN2 better.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: SW: KOTOR MMO Rumor
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, April 26, 2007, 03:27:14 PM »
God no.

edit:

I say that after the fiasco that Galaxies was as after so much hype. So many E3 awards and then it just ended up as so disappointing. Also I am just sick of hearing about people jumping on the MMO bandwagon
Agreed.

Yet at the same time it keeps the PC platform strong so oh well.
Agreed -- that's b/c the PC's and the game company's central server can actually handle rediculous amounts of players.

I'd rather see a KOTOR3, and not done by Obsidian. Let them concentrate on making NWN2 better.
I could go for a KOTOR 3 from Obsidian, but not an MMO from Obsidian.

I want to see Obsidian also support NWN2 more -- and hopefully, with a few expansions.
I'd like to see them do NWN3, as well.

It will be interesting to see what they can do w/ the Aliens IP-based RPG.