Author Topic: Another GFW GDC special. Good interview... with the makers of Portal.  (Read 1174 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Another GFW GDC special. Good interview... with the makers of Portal.
« on: Monday, February 25, 2008, 06:52:12 AM »
Erik Wolpaw and Kim Swift (*I bet D is going to Google her*), makers of Portal. My favorite GFW GDC podcast so far. Definitely worth a listen, plenty of hilarious bits.

http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3?http://download.gamevideos.com/Podcasts/CGW/022108.mp3

I am sure you guys know their story. They were making a mod, caught Valve's eye, showcased it and got hired on the spot.

* These two talk about how they've worked on polishing the game so much, that they've gotten sick of Portal.

* Erik Wolpaw talks about his feud...or "beef"... with Roberta Williams. You know, the chick who made King's Quest 1-7, Phantasmagoria etc.

* They mention being sick of all the cake is a lie jokes. Something along the lines of,"The jokes had gotten old before the day the game was released."

* Erik Wolpaw shares anecdotes from the days when he wrote adventure game reviews for Gamespot. He also mentions with a laugh that it was a time before gamespot lost its credibility. 

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Another GFW GDC special. Good interview... with the makers of Portal.
« Reply #1 on: Monday, February 25, 2008, 04:07:28 PM »
Erik Wolpaw and Kim Swift (*I bet D is going to Google her*)
We already saw what she looked like in this Portal 2 Revealed Thread...

...where in the stuff I quoted from BluesNews, there was a video linked from G4 w/ Kimberly Swift actually revealing that there would be a Portal 2.

Offline beo

• Veteran
Re: Another GFW GDC special. Good interview... with the makers of Portal.
« Reply #2 on: Monday, February 25, 2008, 11:43:31 PM »
yeah, that was a really good one. i think erik totally nailed why point and click adventure games are so fucking stupid!