Author Topic: Anybody with Disgaea experience?  (Read 1561 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Anybody with Disgaea experience?
« on: Saturday, November 11, 2006, 09:17:25 PM »
Okay, Julia's playing this and really enjoying it, but it's throwing a lot at her at once and she's having trouble sifting through.  I can understand as the game is pretty confusing when it wants to be.

So we have one single question out of the many -- what are the big floating blue crystals?  We've found some in item world and they don't do anything.  They just float and twirl around.  You can't target them, can't do anything at all.  My immediate guess is that they're simply scenery, and I think I'm right, but the FAQs are woeful for this one.  Anybody know for sure?  Julia wants an answer and won't settle for "I think they just sit there and do nothing".  =)

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
Re: Anybody with Disgaea experience?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, November 11, 2006, 10:27:17 PM »
They are just scenery.  If she is having trouble with the game I would suggest going through the tutorials and easier beginning stages over and over again until she gets the hang of it, that's what I did.  The game has a very high learning curve but once you get through the first few hours of the game it gets easier to play.

I hope you are not talking about Geo Panels though, those are pyramid shaped and multi-colored and not just blue.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Anybody with Disgaea experience?
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, November 11, 2006, 11:07:31 PM »
No she's doing fine.  She's just having trouble nailing down the details.  It's a lot to take in all at once and she's never played a strategy game like this before.  And yes, we know about the geo symbols and stuph.  She just got to her first 10th level in item world for a sword or something, she's all proud.  It's cute.  =)

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野