Author Topic: Two Worlds PC = Update: Epic Edition joins GOG (Reply 55)  (Read 16192 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: Two Worlds for the PC = ONE PENNY @ Best Buy -- Update: MyD Finished The SP Part
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, October 03, 2007, 12:12:41 PM »
You can tell a game sucks when...

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Two Worlds for the PC = ONE PENNY @ Best Buy -- Update: MyD Finished The SP
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, October 03, 2007, 12:14:02 PM »
You can tell a game sucks when...

When In Rome...

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Two Worlds for the PC = Update: Two Worlds joins Steam
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, April 24, 2008, 01:37:59 PM »
Two Worlds recently had some DLC released for it on the X360, called Tainted Blood (Multi-Player).

Two Worlds PC gamers will be getting that for a free download, next week.

Oh, and they're already working on another Two Worlds DLC, known as Curse of Souls.

"Tainted Blood" - Free Download

+++ Multiplayer Add-on with over 30 new quests available on the first of May +++

Gamers who bought the Game-of-the-Year edition of "Two Worlds" (available in the European shops for 29.99 Euro since the beginning of April) were thrilled with the brand new PC multiplayer add-on for the RPG - and now they can download the new adventures in Antaloor from the first of May - for free on this site!
Players can now go on the hunt for a crazy Necromancer, unsolve the mystery of a massacre in a woodcutters' camp, deal with a rebel knight (permanently) and lots more. The new add-on doesn't only give you a new series of Quests - it also opens up the doors to an all-new Business and Training Center! The town of Tharnburg offers you a large traders' district - and various arenas in which you can try out your newly-learned combat techniques right away.

By the way - "Tainted Blood" isn't the only add-on that will help sweeten your wait for "The Temptation" follow-up... another add-on named "Curse of Souls" is coming soon!

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Two Worlds PC = Update: Free MP Tainted Blood DLC for PC Owners next week
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, April 30, 2008, 11:39:23 PM »
Wow, the new Patch v1.7 is 1.14GB!

I revived this thread in order to preserve the MyD purity of the other one ;D

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Two Worlds PC = Update: Free MP Tainted Blood DLC for PC Owners next week
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, May 01, 2008, 01:45:09 PM »
Wow, the new Patch v1.7 is 1.14GB!

I revived this thread in order to preserve the MyD purity of the other one ;D

It's that huge b/c Patch 1.5 was an insane update, which was clocked in at around 1.05 GB -- they reworked a ridiculous deal of the game in that patch.

But if you actually have Patch 1.5 already installed (which is actually what The US, UK, and AU Edition comes patched automatically with on the disc when you install the game), then you could do the Patch 1.5 -> 1.6 Update which is only 27 MB
and then do the Patch 1.6 to 1.7 Update which is only 48 MB.

Patching the game to Version 1.7 will add the new Tainted Blood MP content.
« Last Edit: Friday, July 11, 2008, 07:33:29 PM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Two Worlds PC = Update: Free MP Tainted Blood DLC Patch 1.7 Released
« Reply #46 on: Friday, July 11, 2008, 07:39:37 PM »
Two Worlds: Epic Edition has been announced.

In this Two Worlds: Epic Edition box will be:
--Two Worlds (SP and MP components)
--Tainted Blood DLC (for MP portion)
(Tainted Blood comes inside Patch 1.7 for FREE, if you own Two Worlds already)
--and Curse of Souls content (for MP portion)
(Curse of Souls content has not been released in a Patch yet...at least not yet, anyways...)

Two Worlds: Epic Edition Announced [July 11, 2008, 9:24 pm ET] - Post a Comment
SouthPeak Games announces they will release Two Worlds: Epic Edition next month, combining the original version of this open-world RPG with its Tainted Blood and Curse of Souls expansions:

MIDLOTHIAN, VA - July 11, 2008 – SouthPeak Games today announced its open-world role-playing hit game will get a new release on PC with the upcoming Two Worlds: Epic Edition. The expanded game will be available in August 2008.

“Two Worlds has seen unprecedented popularity, not only upon its original release, but in the months since it has gained even more fans,” said Melanie Mroz, CEO of SouthPeak Games. “Epic Edition collects everything available for the world of Antaloor into one package so those who have yet to explore its rich and vibrant lands can now do so in its entirety.”

Two Worlds: Epic Edition will contain the original game and the add-ons “Tainted Blood” and “Curse of Souls”, putting the massive world of Antaloor and countless hours of adventuring into one tremendous package. The original Two Worlds gave players a huge world and hundreds of adventures to undertake. The expanded content of Epic Edition adds over 70 online quests, eight new multiplayer maps, an innovative player-versus-player challenge where opponents battle to control magical orbs within a variety of arenas, and introduces the town of Tharnburg where players can train their warriors in various skills and challenge other players to combat in the Gladiator District’s huge arena.

Two Worlds: Epic Edition is rated M for Mature and will have a retail price of $19.99. For more information about Two Worlds or SouthPeak Games, please visit www.2-worlds.com or www.southpeakgames.com.

EDIT, Oct. 7th, 2008:
SouthPeak is reporting that their 220-percent revenue increase is largely due to the sales of Two Worlds for the PC and X360, more than anything else

October 7, 2008

Two Worlds Helps Drive SouthPeak's Record $40.2 Million Year

Two Worlds Helps Drive SouthPeak's Record $40.2 Million Year Virginia-based publisher SouthPeak Interactive reported a 220 percent revenue increase to $40.2 million for its fiscal year ending June 30, 2008 -- compared to $12.5 million in the previous year.

SouthPeak credits its record performance largely to strong demand for Two Worlds, the Reality Pump-developed Xbox 360 and PC roleplaying title that released in North America in late August.

The company also says expanding platform support with Wii titles like Pool Party and Dream Pinball helped boost its numbers.

During its fiscal year, SouthPeak also went public and picked up $14.6 million in financing, which went towards funding the company's growth.

Looking ahead, SouthPeak believes that its new partnerships with independent studios will enable it to double the number of titles it publishes in 2009.

"In the past year, we have built a strong product line for next generation hardware platforms, including solid franchises, like Two Worlds, that provide us with sequel opportunities," says SouthPeak CEO Melanie Mroz.

"We plan to expand our portfolio in fiscal 2009 with the addition of several new IPs, including Ninjatown, X-Blades, My Baby and [expansion pack] Two Worlds: The Temptation. With our strong stable of independent developers throughout the world, we are poised to more than double our titles next year."

EDIT, May 8th, 2009:
Patch 1.7.0b Released.
This patch will include the Curse of Souls MP DLC

« Last Edit: Friday, May 08, 2009, 02:54:56 PM by MysterD »

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Two Worlds PC = Update: Epic Edition announced
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, May 09, 2009, 03:04:36 AM »
Hey MyD, I thought this might interest you.

Patch v1.7b + Curse of Souls is out.

I think you're the only one here playing this game :P

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, May 09, 2009, 03:55:36 AM »
Hey MyD, I thought this might interest you.

Patch v1.7b + Curse of Souls is out.

I think you're the only one here playing this game :P

Check my last post, last edit.
It so 0wn3d you! :P

I didn't make a new post b/c I know NOBODY plays this nor cares about it.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, May 09, 2009, 06:07:05 AM »
Touché.. Yeah I didn't even bother to read the thread :P

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, May 09, 2009, 06:49:02 AM »
Touché.. Yeah I didn't even bother to read the thread :P

Really, though...
Who has bothered to really EVER read this thread? :P

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, May 09, 2009, 09:36:52 AM »
I didn't make a new post b/c I know NOBODY plays this nor cares about it.

Never stopped you before. :P :P

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, May 09, 2009, 10:20:27 AM »
True, Pug.

But I'm sure sometimes, it must get annoying to others when I resurrect a thread that often only I seem to care about, for some reason...

If something strikes me -- whether I like it, hate it, or feel somewhere b/t the two -- I just want to share it. *Shrug*

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, May 09, 2009, 10:47:50 AM »
I encourage it, MyD. You're keeping things updated in a clerical fashion. Suppose one day I decide to play this particular game then I cal always refer to its respective thread for impressions and updates.

Don't go changing on me!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, May 09, 2009, 04:53:53 PM »
I did like Two Worlds (Single Player), despite its flaws -- namely in the technical department (when it came out). I'm guessing it would probably run and look better on my GF 8800 than say the 6600 I ran it on.

I really don't like the THREE install limit lifetime thing, though. That's crap.

Never really could get into the MP b/c when I tried it, NOBODY ELSE was really freakin' playing it at the time! Servers were DEAD. I'm betting that's why they added MP DLC and stuff to the PC version in patches for nothing -- to get players to actually try the MP portion.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god