Author Topic: Assassin's Creed 2  (Read 17416 times)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Assassin's Creed 2 THREAD
« Reply #40 on: Monday, April 13, 2009, 12:32:55 PM »
It's mainly the hood and the colour scheme that ring back to the original but some other elements like the shapes do it too. I think it looks pretty good, kinda like an extravagant highwayman or rogue.

Either way I think this is just one of several concepts for the protagonist.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #41 on: Monday, April 13, 2009, 01:46:35 PM »
Wow, he looks a lot like Altair.
I wonder if this character will be related as a great-great-great descendant of Altair...?

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #42 on: Monday, April 13, 2009, 02:12:53 PM »
Ezio is yet another genetic predecessor of Desmond's.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #43 on: Monday, April 13, 2009, 02:36:59 PM »
Actually, I think that when using the Animus it actually immerses Desmond and projects him into the shoes of his ancestor. If you rotate the camera around and get a good look on Altaïr's face you'll see it's actually Desmond, same scar too. I'm pretty certain that scars are not genetic.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #44 on: Monday, April 13, 2009, 05:52:23 PM »
For some reason when I look at that, I picture Vega dressing up as Altair for Halloween or something.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #45 on: Monday, April 13, 2009, 06:02:58 PM »
For some reason when I look at that, I picture Vega dressing up as Altair for Halloween or something.
Haha yeah I think it's the frilly shirt and the get-up that gives a very colonial Spanish feel. I like the leather cloak.

Looking at this concept makes me think of The Count of Monté Cristo, one of my favourite tales ever!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 08:57:53 PM »
AC2 is gonna cost around 20% more to develop, UbiSoft's CEO thinks.

Assassin's Creed 2 is Gonna Be Expensive
May 27, 2009 at 6:56 PM - Robert "Apache" Howarth - 8 Comments

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot reckons that Assassin's Creed 2 is going to cost about 20% more to make:

"During the year, we... continued to aggressively build the long-term potential of the company," said Guillemot. "We increased our investments by 84 million [euros], we hired 1300 new developers; we acquired five studios and created four."

Guillemot said these efforts serve a four-pronged growth plan: "First, adapt our strategy toward bigger games with higher quality -- for example, the second Assassin's Creed will cost around 20 percent more than the first one, and be a much bigger game," he promised.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 09:28:24 PM »
Doesnt surprise me. They said they have some insane number of people working on it, like 400+.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 10:02:22 PM »
They'll be fine.  They're just going to farm all the fucking work out to China anyway.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 02:47:08 AM »
They'll be fine.  They're just going to farm all the fucking work out to China anyway.
Oh GOD no! I hope they don't get Ubi Shanghai on this! They have completely buggered every title they've touched!! Most notably: Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow and Double Agent.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 05:09:46 PM »
Oh, they will.  All the companies are doing it now, and with a title this huge with this many people touching it, you can rest assured that work is getting farmed to China.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 05:40:27 PM »
Oh, they will.  All the companies are doing it now, and with a title this huge with this many people touching it, you can rest assured that work is getting farmed to China.
Fuck fuck FUCK!! ASS!! SHIT!! FUCK!!!!

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #52 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 08:30:19 PM »
Just hope it's work that won't kill the product.  A lot of times it's just modeling or graphics stuff.  I don't have any proof to back up this claim other than trends, but I would be absolutely shocked if pieces of the game weren't coming from digital Chinese sweatshops (even if not Ubi Shanghai itself).

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, June 02, 2009, 04:09:27 PM »
Watching G4TV.

That hang-glider looks pretty cool.
I like that Altair-lookalike now can TRY to blend in with ANY group now.

EDIT:
So, so far, they got rid of the "mission type" thing that had going on in the first one. Good.
Sounds like missions are more tailor-made, this time around.

And, they say so far, they got over 200 missions....Nice.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 04, 2009, 02:08:33 PM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, June 07, 2009, 05:45:53 AM »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: Assassin's Creed 2 THREAD - Update: E3 2009 Gameplay Vid (Reply 55)
« Reply #57 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 03:49:25 PM »
In other news, D is moving to Canada.

GPW, he will be living with you for a few days till he finds a job.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Assassin's Creed 2 THREAD - Update: E3 2009 Gameplay Vid (Reply 55)
« Reply #58 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 03:54:04 PM »
In other news, D is moving to Canada.

GPW, he will be living with you for a few days till he finds a job.

Maybe find a job at say...UbiSoft Toronto?

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
Re: Assassin's Creed 2 THREAD - Update: PAX 09 Gameplay Vid (Reply 59)
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, October 29, 2009, 12:32:12 AM »
Ubisoft is releasing a three part series short live action film detailing Ezio's father's role as an assassin.  The first episode is available here (HD): http://www.gametrailers.com/video/part-1-assassins-creed/58204

It's... okay, but it does raise one concern for me about the game as a whole.  It seems this time around it is really focused on Ezio and what he does and his background... there doesn't seem to be much mention on Desmond and much furthering of the overarching plot of the Templars and Abstergo Industries.  There's an interview from one of the developers saying that there will be some sections featuring Desmond, but fewer this time around.  Still, from what I've seen, it looks pretty amazing.

I've already got the limited edition pre-ordered.  Hopefully, I'll have Demon's Souls finished up by the time this comes out.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, October 29, 2009, 12:43:43 AM »
They never should have had that Desmond part in the first game. I hated it when it would go to that part of the game, stealing precious shanking time.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #63 on: Friday, November 13, 2009, 08:27:48 PM »
Episode 2 and 3 of the three part series short live action film have been released on Youtube.

Just a couple of days to go.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Assassin's Creed 2
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 02:52:05 PM »
Eurogamer - PS3 and X360 review
9.0 (out of 10).

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 03:11:14 PM »
I got the Master Assassin Edition of the game today (had it preordered) for the PS3.  Good game so far. 

In terms of bonus content.  You get two exclusive in game maps that are unlocked by a code-- not sure where they are in game yet though, as I'm not too far into it yet.  The Ezio figurine is pretty cool.  You also get a bonus disc containing videos and the soundtrack, which is nice and dandy but it's a blu-ray disc.  I can't extract the soundtrack to listen to it since it's BD -- at least I don't think I can.  I'll have to take a look into it.  The artbook is hardcover but it's fairly small.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 03:23:46 PM »
GameSpot Review for PS3 and X360
9.0 score (out of 10)

Video review.
Written review.

IGN review for PS3 and X360
9.2 (out of 10).

G4TV Review - PS3 and X360
4 stars (out of 5)
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 07:01:12 PM by MysterD »

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 04:08:04 PM »
I just got back from picking my copy up. Not gonna play it yet though, I'm still working on the first.

There's a card inside mine that has a code or something to put in on the website for a bonus content code for Splinter Cell Conviction. Anyone know what this is?

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 04:13:32 PM »
Daily Radar suggests it's an early demo download code:
Download code spotted in 360 copies of Assassin's. Assassin's Creed II looks to come with a demo download code for Splinter Cell Conviction

EDIT:
However, according to an Ubisoft rep: "The leaflet included in the Assassin's Creed 2 boxes in the US does not relate to a Splinter Cell Conviction demo download. The leaflet is a US initiative and will not be available in other territories."

I know the SC Conviction CE will include a bonus weapon and player skin, so perhaps the code will also be for unique DLC or something.

EDIT 2:
I just dug up some more info. Is the code you got "CONV1C71ON" by any chance?

If that is the case then the code allows you download some ringtones and wallpapers from the website. Not impressive. Kinda weak actually. On the other hand I see how this may appeal to spy-wannabe 13-yr-olds.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 09:36:18 PM »
Yea, it's the CONV1C71ON code. Blah, I was hoping for something good.

Yea it's 9 different ringtones, and this wallpaper.

There is a weird thing with Assassin's Creed 2 called uplay. It's a website you sign up for and then put in your login info inside the game's menu system. then it tracks acheivements and gives you points based on what you've done. You then use those points for alternate costumes, more throwing knives, a dashboard theme, and I think even a bonus level in game. It seems a lot like something they could have just used Xbox Live Marketplace rewards for, but I guess this way it works for all Ubisoft games across all platforms. So you could earn points in AC2 on Xbox, then buy Splinter Cell Conviction on PC and use the points to buy stuff there.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 10:03:22 PM by W7RE »

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 10:03:19 PM »
I put some more time into it.  It really is just a refinement of the first game.  There's more of everything from the first game, and everything feels more polished.  So if you absolutely hated the first game, you probably won't like this one too much.  It is a better game than the first though.

(click to show/hide)

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #71 on: Monday, November 23, 2009, 05:22:04 AM »
One of the big differences between this and the first game is that you're led through the story a lot more. The first one was "you have X number of side missions, and must complete at least Y of them and then assassinate your target. You can also do side missions". Now it's "ok now go here.,You can also do side missions". So far I've never been at a point where I don't have a marker on my map telling me where to go to continue the story.

The side stuff seems to mostly relate to the story too. There's some collectibles I so far I haven't seen anything about, or have a very short and simple explanation for why they're in the game, but I'm not gonna call them pointless collectibles just yet. You do get money for most things, and the money can upgrade your weapons/armor to actually make you better in combat.

Oh and I just did the Gamestop exclusive level from preordering. It took about 30 minutes, and rewarded me with around 4000 florens (money). For perpective, I had 10,000 florens before starting the level, and I've logged something like 4-5 hours on the game. So it's not a huge deal or anything, but it was fun to play through it.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #72 on: Monday, November 23, 2009, 11:01:44 AM »
The exclusive levels are pretty cool.  I'm 21 hours into the game now and about 84% done the game.  There's just a lot more content.  The game isn't as polished as the first one though.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2009, 08:12:35 PM »
I just finished it and I gotta say the ending is quite shocking. 

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 12:18:41 AM »
Shocking in what way?  Like, total cliffhanger again? 

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 12:28:50 AM »
A lot of information is presented at the end.  In addition, if you completed the puzzle sections of the game (don't want to spoil what they are), it presents some more crazy information.  Put them together and yes, the ending is a cliffhanger, but it does give lots of food for thought.

I'll spill it out in spoiler tags, so if you don't intend to play the game you can read it.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 01:09:42 AM by iPPi »

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 12:54:53 AM »
Thanks for that.  I didn't read the spoilers, but I'll probably give in and do it in a few days/weeks.  I'm still undecided on picking this up.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, December 01, 2009, 01:21:31 PM »
2 DLC planned, one for January and one for February.  Each is estimated to be 1GB each, so it should be fairly lengthy.  If you've played the game and are familiar with the DNA sequence in the menu screen -- two DNA sequences are missing in the main game.  I assume that these two DLC will fill in those blanks.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/105/1050718p1.html

Offline MysterD

• Forum god