Author Topic: chinese movie  (Read 2818 times)

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
chinese movie
« on: Tuesday, August 14, 2007, 10:52:38 PM »
I saw this movie but I have no idea what the title is.. if someone can tell me, please do so...

Starts off with two friends - investigators/cops - one with longish hair the other with typical policeman hair.. they're really good at cracking cases.  the friend with longish hair is smart, has everything going his way... they have dinner and talk about beer and the guy with longish hair talks about his girl who he never fights with.  He thinks it's strange they never fight and everything is perfect in the relationship. He thinks maybe he should break up with her.

He gets home and finds her in bed, asleep.. then touches her arm and it's wet with blood.. slashed wrists. She dies.  He freaks and leaves his job.

The guy with policeman hair finds a girl to marry and continues working as an investigator/cop. the girl he marries has a filthy rich father.  The father and two servants are murdered. The policeman hair guy tries to solve the case but never gets anywhere.. he tells the story of his friend to his wife.. his wife wants to meet the longish hair guy and see if he can solve the case. 

The longish hair guy has become a drunkard and hangs out where his girl hung out on her last evening.. He tries to figure out what happened to her.. anyway he agrees to help his friend's wife. Throughout the investigation it becomes quite clear it's the policeman hair guy who killed the father and two servants and he's trying to kill his wife.

I'm not really sure how it ended.. the last part i saw was the wife in the hospital, in critical condition after the gas blew up in her house because of her husband's doing.

Taken.

Offline JacksRag(e)

Re: chinese movie
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2007, 11:15:46 PM »
The movie's called Confession of Pain.

It's with Tony Leung Chiu-Wa and Takeshi Kaneshiro, yes?  The actor from Hero and the other one from House of Flying Daggers.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 12:31:11 AM »
thanks...whee...  so what happened at the end?
Taken.

Offline JacksRag(e)

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 12:40:30 AM »
Mmm, ok, so the cop had killed his father in law because his family was murdered by the father in law.  He took a new identity to get away, and decided to kill the guy's family in retribution.  But after trying to kill his wife and seeing the pain he had caused to not just them but himself, he doesnt know how to deal with it and kills himself.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 01:17:25 AM »
weird.. i thought he was doing it for the money...

what happened to Bong?
Taken.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 08:50:49 AM »
Hehe, I saw this movie a while ago.  Didn't remember the title either.