Author Topic: SATA HD crash.  (Read 1346 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
SATA HD crash.
« on: Saturday, October 28, 2006, 12:51:25 PM »
So I haven't been around lately, because I came home to find my computer in limbo made. I restarted and it wouldn't go to windows without the blue screen of death. So after 4 frustrating hours of backing up and re installation on another HD I finally was able to get things going.

So I repartitioned it and did a fresh slow format. After that was done I started storing stuff on it again but unfortunately there was another crash. I then tried to access the drive properties and there was another crash.

I am going to try another format but can anyone recommend a program that checks every minute section of a drive for errors?

The sad thing is this was my latest HD.

Any recommendations on a fast HD?

Oh and the spell check on this new firefox kicks ass. So far it has only highlighted HD and firefox but still heh. 

edit:

It may seem that all hope is lost, but a few years ago I had a problem with the HD I have my OS on currently (which I have to use as a primary HD because of lack of choice), and after some formats and scan discs it is working again perfectly.

Offline WindAndConfusion

• Veteran
Re: SATA HD crash.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 28, 2006, 03:33:00 PM »
Make & model of the HDD? Was it the only one in your system? Did it have adequate cooling? When did you get it?

A 320GB SATA drive with 16MB of cash and lots of specific manufacturer claims about high reliability costs less than $100 on Newegg, but I have no idea what that price reflects about the state of computer hardware in Pakistan.