Author Topic: Any reason for me to run to the store to get an Xbox-Live-Gold-thingy?....  (Read 1097 times)

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
Any reason for me to run to the store to get an Xbox-Live-Gold-thingy?....
« on: Saturday, August 04, 2007, 05:33:13 PM »
I want to play some Halo 2 and Gears of War online, cause I'm bored as all get out. Is there anything special that comes with the card that you would buy at say--Best Buy? Or can I just use my credit card?

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
Re: Any reason for me to run to the store to get an Xbox-Live-Gold-thingy?....
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 04, 2007, 05:35:45 PM »
hmm, I see, I get 13 months if I go buy a card...I get 12 if I just use my credit card.

Lets see...Gas prices+my time+bothering to put on pants=credit card

Me thinks....

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 04, 2007, 05:59:47 PM »
Or you could just play something on your PC for, I don't know... free.

Yes, I'm aware that I'm just being a dick because I hate Live.  Feel free to ignore me.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, August 05, 2007, 02:02:34 AM »
No.  Buy it on ebay.  I dont know how these people get the codes, but they'll sell one of the 13 month subscription cards' keycode for cheap.  I bought one for $24 (a "buy it now," it wasnt even an auction) and it worked just like the one you buy in the store.  You just punch in the code on your xbox and you're good to go for literally half price.  The best part is most of the sellers dont even bother to send you the actual card and will email you the code within an hour or so of your purchase.  I bought mine and I had an email with the code in it within the hour, fully working for $24 no shipping.

I have no idea how these people get the codes and sell them so cheap, but there must be something illegal about it.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, August 05, 2007, 11:55:16 AM »
You risk getting your account banned from Live.  I'm sure it's against Microsoft's wishes.  (I don't know if it's actually illegal.)