Games > General Gaming

You guys happy with your PSPs?

<< < (7/7)

Cobra951:
And they've come a long way with running independent software on the higher firmwares.  So you'd be able to use one version of this emulator with any PSP out of the box.  Don't wait until 2.81 filters to the units out of the box.

Hey, this runs Star Ocean untouched now!  That game and a couple others decrypt graphics on the fly with custom hardware, and it was not playable on the PC emulators.  (They eventually came out with these separate graphics packs, but that's a wonky solution at best.)   The dejap site has an almost full English translation patch too.  (You can name the ips file the same as the zip or rom file, and the emulator will patch on the fly.  Neat!)  I don't know if the game is any good, but it's something brand new to me on the SNES scene.  I'm going to try it out.

Quemaqua:
It was fairly cool.  I played around with it for a while and enjoyed it.  Of note is the full speach in the intro.

Cobra951:

--- Quote from: ScaryTooth on Sunday, October 08, 2006, 12:06:08 PM ---Any recommendations for SNES emulators or Sega Emulators?

--- End quote ---

I saw that there's a Genesis collection coming out for the PSP (most of the games top-notch, from what I saw).  That motivated me to look into the emulators.  It seems that DGen is the way to go right now.  I've tried Kid Chameleon, Phantasy Star IV and Sonic 1 on it.  All work well so far, with a bit of settings tweaks.  The engine is not nearly as impressive as the SNES TYL's.  Probably all software rendering.  But the speed and sound are OK on 1.70b at 333 MHz with a max frameskip of 1.  I'm not sure yet, but it seems that vsync does not take a performance hit with this engine.  I'm going back and forth on it, with no clear winner (except that it's cleaner with vsync, obviously).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version