Author Topic: The best uninvited guest ever?  (Read 2427 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
The best uninvited guest ever?
« on: Monday, October 16, 2006, 05:27:48 AM »
Bill Murray gatecrashes student party

Hollywood star Bill Murray stunned a house full of Scottish students when he turned up at their party.

The actor, in Scotland for a celebrity golf tournament, was drinking in a bar when Norwegian student Lykke Stavnef invited him to join her for a night out.

She said it was almost a re-enactment of Lost in Translation, in which Murray's character - a lonely, jet-lagged actor - befriends a young woman and joins her on an exploration of Tokyo's nightlife.

"Nobody could believe it when I arrived at the party with Bill Murray," Miss Stavnef, a social anthropology student at St Andrews, told The Scotsman.

Murray, 56, was drinking in the town's Ma Bells bar when he met Miss Stavnef, 22, and her friend Marie Bergene.

They took him to a Georgian house in town where the cream of St Andrews students were partying in style.

"We met him in the bar and he made some jokes. He was just like the character in Lost in Translation," Ms Stavnef recalls.

"It was funny, because he was pretty old compared with the other people there, but he was so relaxed."

The actor drank vodka from a coffee cup as his hosts had run out of clean glasses. And he even offered to cook and clean the dirty dishes.

"He was joking with me about reheating some left-over pasta and how drunk everybody was," said Agnes Huitfeldt, 22, an economics and finance student who was also at the party.

"He couldn't fail to have a good time, the party was overflowing with stunning Scandinavian blondes," said Tom Wright, 22, an international relations student.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: The best uninvited guest ever?
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 16, 2006, 06:22:52 AM »
"Bill Murray gatecrashes student party" is all it took to bring back Lost in Translation.  A 22-year-old Norwegian student with a name like that has got to be hotter than Dave's Insanity Sauce.  (Pics?)

I remember saying that I identified a great deal with Murray's character in that movie, not that I have ever been famous or rich.  I'm glad to see that the man himself is real in the same way.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 16, 2006, 07:18:26 AM »
Pretty funny.  If I was older and had some money, I'd probably crash a party from time to time just for kicks.  It can be a lonely world out there.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 16, 2006, 08:04:23 AM »
I remember a Swedish girl telling me once that American men get tons of action in Sweden because Swedish girls think Swedish guys are boring, generally.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 16, 2006, 11:54:38 AM »
I'm moving to Sweden.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 16, 2006, 12:43:17 PM »
Haha.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Monday, October 16, 2006, 03:30:46 PM »

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #7 on: Monday, October 16, 2006, 04:17:58 PM »
Dude that's like real-life Lost in Translation!

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #8 on: Monday, October 16, 2006, 04:23:34 PM »
Idol, the thing is, you would have a sexy accent in Sweden. This is a good plan. I'm moving in with you and Cobra. The plan is flawless.