Author Topic: Interesting video  (Read 2133 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Interesting video
« on: Friday, October 20, 2006, 12:21:31 AM »
Hope this works.

I lost the site where I found the video, this is just from my download manager.

Watch it. Its interesting.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Interesting video
« Reply #1 on: Friday, October 20, 2006, 12:27:35 AM »
Sweet! You got to see a small part of my job in there too :P Photoshop rules!

I thought she was pretty before the fix up anyway.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Friday, October 20, 2006, 12:29:49 AM »
Huh... that's pretty cool.  And yes Xessive, we all know you're a shill for the fake-beauty industry.  Go destroy more lives, you life-destroyer!  *shakes fist*

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: Friday, October 20, 2006, 12:34:41 AM »
That looked weird when they lengthened her neck and made her eyes big. I knew they did touch up work via Photoshop for shots like that, but I didn't know they actually changed facial/body proportions.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Friday, October 20, 2006, 12:50:30 AM »
Yeah, that's a really good ad.  Dove has been on this campaign for a while now, and it's probably a good thing.  I actually saw it on youtube the other day and it was in the 'most watched' list a couple times.  I check youtube every so often to see if there's any type of 'I'm the juggernaught bitch' hilarity, but 90% of the time in that list it's all jackasses talking about their life, talking about someone else talking about thier life, trying to promote themselves as an entertainer because they once had a dream before their soul died, or some gay guy talking about fashion when he rocks the most fucked up hair style in the world.  This video was probably the first good thing I saw on that shitty site which should probably just roll over and die since we all know it's going to in the next 4 years anyways.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: Friday, October 20, 2006, 12:52:55 AM »
Yeah, that's a really good ad.  Dove has been on this campaign for a while now, and it's probably a good thing.  I actually saw it on youtube the other day and it was in the 'most watched' list a couple times.  I check youtube every so often to see if there's any type of 'I'm the juggernaught bitch' hilarity, but 90% of the time in that list it's all jackasses talking about their life, talking about someone else talking about thier life, trying to promote themselves as an entertainer because they once had a dream before their soul died, or some gay guy talking about fashion when he rocks the most fucked up hair style in the world.  This video was probably the first good thing I saw on that shitty site which should probably just roll over and die since we all know it's going to in the next 4 years anyways.

I see a thread derailment in this thread's future.  I agree with you though about YouTube.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #6 on: Friday, October 20, 2006, 02:59:03 AM »
Huh... that's pretty cool.  And yes Xessive, we all know you're a shill for the fake-beauty industry.  Go destroy more lives, you life-destroyer!  *shakes fist*
Yarr!! I be the man after the booty! I mean, no I'm not a supporter of fake beauty. In fact I'm a bit of a paradox. I'm all into nature, homeopathy, home remedies, protecting the environment, I even encourage the absolute minimal use of make-up, but I work in an industry that seemingly contradicts all that. My plan? To change it from the inside out! Why? Because I lost my sense of purpose long ago, and this seems like worthwhile thing to do until I reclaim my long lost sense of purpose.

Can I call myself an artist? Nay, I am but a broken man who wishes to mend the world in any way I can.

Wow, I have not slept in ages and I'm fasting.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: Friday, October 20, 2006, 07:57:21 AM »
This totally freezes up Firefox's QT plugin (that piece of unadulterated shit).  I'm trying to download the video direct now.

Edit:  That's . . . eye-opening!   :P  I agree she was attractive to begin with.  The result of all the makeup and touch ups is sheer fantasy, and isn't that what the beauty industry is all about?  Personally, I don't care.  I know the difference between real-world attractive, and Hollywood/Madison-Ave godliness.