Author Topic: Who is on board for the PSP revamp?  (Read 1151 times)

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
Who is on board for the PSP revamp?
« on: Thursday, August 30, 2007, 10:59:21 PM »
Come September 10th I'll have purchased my second PSP.  I traded the first one in toward a Wii.  Of course Metal Gear Portable Ops has come out since, and I started to really miss Lumines.

Now there's a 4 gig memory stick pro duo for 50 bucks at amazon.  It seems that the PSP and everything related is finally coming down to a reasonable price point.

Now hopefully the slims will be able to do some homebrew eventually.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Who is on board for the PSP revamp?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, August 30, 2007, 11:12:23 PM »
The PSP library is definitely shaping up to be more than I'd thought it might be initially, though a lot of that is like PS and PS2 stuff that just sort of gets ported over.  Still, I played some gems on the thing.  But at the end of the day, homebrew is all that matters.  No homebrew, no sale.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, September 04, 2007, 09:51:28 AM »
Picked up Wipeout Pure and Twisted Metal:  Head On yesterday for 10 bucks a piece.  I've been picking stuff up little by little since the redesign was announced, so when September 10 gets here I will be good to go.

As far as homebrew, I have faith that the homebrew problem will be solved not too long after September 10.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, September 06, 2007, 04:35:41 PM »
I now have a PSP-2000 in my hand.  And it's better in every concievable way than the original.  It's very light, almost toy-light.  The sound is still at the same volume, which sucks.  The buttons are more responsive.  I like.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, September 06, 2007, 07:46:41 PM »
I was thinking about it today, and I think that the new PSP could be like utterly brilliant and revolutionary and amazing and I still wouldn't care.  *Especially* not with how many clams I already dropped on PSP #1.  It's going to be PSP #1 forever until PSP #1 breaks into a thousand tiny pieces and ceases to do the things it does that make me happy.  Which right now is 80 gazillion hours of Magical Drop 3 on the can at work.  I mean, I just can't see myself needing anything else.  What I have now is everything I want.  There's simply no desire for anything else.  Except maybe battery life.  But that's literally the only thing I can think of.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野