Author Topic: CURSE!!!  (Read 3233 times)

Offline joeactually

• Rookie
  • Life sucks. That's your lesson. Go enjoy it.
CURSE!!!
« on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 11:07:24 AM »
So I know most of you have quit playing for the most part.  But I am curious.  Has anyone else experienced the curse of Scholo?  If you manage to get a party together it either disolves before you get to Gandling or if you even get to Gandling the set piece he drops is nowhere NEAR useful for any of your friends?

Please discuss.
YOU'RE WELCOME!

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: CURSE!!!
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 11:14:37 AM »
Thats the problem with joining random groups. Every time I did, it would fizzle out well before you reach the end of the instance.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 11:36:54 AM »
haha when Naxx was about to come out, a bunch of my guildmates and I went to Scholo a bunch of times to farm AD rep. We were all epic'ed out with AQ/BWL gear. None of us had a single blue. We were able to handle 2-3 pulls at a time and finished the whole thing in about 30 min.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline joeactually

• Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 11:45:04 AM »
finished the whole thing in about 30 min.

I hate you so much right now.  I only have 3 epics total.  Bloodstained Hauberk (sp?) from ZG.  Beastmaster Gloves and Strikers Mark from MC.

I am focusing more on leveling alts cause my hunter/main is not in high demand.
YOU'RE WELCOME!

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 01:36:08 PM »
I used to run Scholomance all the time because I didn't have access to a BWL alchemy lab. 

It was a pain to get a group going at times, and it would almost always screw up before the end too, but I was only going for the alchemy lab anyway.

I did manage to pick up an Ace of Portals from Gandling though once.

Offline joeactually

• Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 02:07:53 PM »
My friend Tim (who i am going to invite here) Got the Ace of Portals there and has the trinket which is nice but we are both going for our .5 Headpieces (not in a big raiding guild)

I am wearing a freakin Shadowcraft Helm because its better than the green Mail helm I had been wearing.
YOU'RE WELCOME!

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 02:34:02 PM »
My friend Tim (who i am going to invite here) Got the Ace of Portals there and has the trinket which is nice but we are both going for our .5 Headpieces (not in a big raiding guild)

I am wearing a freakin Shadowcraft Helm because its better than the green Mail helm I had been wearing.

You should do Dire Maul West(i think). You get a quest inside the instance to kill the last two bosses of the instance you are in. The quest reward is  http://www.thottbot.com/?i=35700  . The instance is pretty easy and its only 5 man
Suck it, Pugnate.

W7RE

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 03:01:06 PM »
I just did scholo the other day with some friends. It was 4 from my guild, decked out in AQ40 and Naxx epics, and some blue geared warlock who wanted his dreadmist shoulders lol. After 2-3 pulls he would start draining soul for a shard almost right away. was just like a long shard run for him, haha.

Offline joeactually

• Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 03:13:38 PM »
YOU'RE WELCOME!

W7RE

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, October 19, 2006, 10:49:20 PM »

Offline joeactually

• Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Friday, October 20, 2006, 07:16:43 AM »
Hey, I've got the same bow as you  :P

My 60 rogue

Every single hunter in that MC run had better have had something better if you got that.  I had a warrior (who I was friends with) try to roll on it and 35 people had to argue for him to not roll on it.  It was my 2nd run in MC and had to go negative DKP to get it.  I just got to positive when the guild disolved.  I was pissed cause that kept me from rolling on Giantstalker Boots.

YOU'RE WELCOME!

W7RE

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, October 21, 2006, 05:04:19 PM »
I got that bow a looooong time ago, but yea all the hunters in the raid had it or better already.

All the hunters i know have Crossbow of Smiting, or at least Rhok'delar. Some may have better, I don't know.

Offline joeactually

• Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, October 22, 2006, 08:28:19 AM »
Well this is the only epic ranged weapon I have ever seen drop.  Wasn't in a very good raiding guild the first time.  We could roll through ZG but couldn't down Rags.
YOU'RE WELCOME!