Author Topic: Gears of Wars goes GOLD for the X360, due Nov. 7  (Read 2588 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Gears of Wars goes GOLD for the X360, due Nov. 7
« on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 01:19:34 PM »
Gears of War goes GOLD, due Nov. 7 for the X360

Gears of War spins gold
Epic Games' shooter is complete and off for duplication; Emergence Day events include Xbox Live tourney, giveaways, free gamerpics, themes.

By Tim Surette, GameSpot
Posted Oct 25, 2006 10:31 am PT

While Sony and Nintendo are preparing to wage war in retail with two brand-spanking new consoles, the PlayStation 3 and Wii, the two companies' other rival, Microsoft, is banking on the success of a game for its holiday push. That title is Gears of War, the latest shooter from Epic Games (Unreal Tournament 2004).

Microsoft Game Studios today announced that development on the game has been completed and the gold master has been sent off for duplication. Gears of War will be available beginning November 7 and nationwide on November 12--commonly referred to as Emergence Day by the game's creators.

To hype the game's release, Microsoft Game Studios is holding several Emergence Day festivities beginning at 12:01 a.m. on November 12 (no time zone was specified). Xbox Live Gold members will be able to participate in a 24-hour leaderboard tournament, with the winner getting a Gears of War-branded guitar and a place in a worldwide Gears of War tournament in 2007.

In addition, winners will also be drawn each hour to receive prizes such as Samsung surround-sound systems; a free Gears gamer pic and theme will be on Marketplace; metal band Megadeth and game's designer Cliff Bleszinski will play with fans online; and MTV will air a Gears of War: The Road to Launch featurette.

Those who can't wait for new Gears of War content can hop onto Xbox Live Marketplace and preview the new TV ad for the game. The video is available in 720p (59MB) and 480p (10MB) resolutions.

Gears of War is rated M for Mature and will retail for $59.99--the first first-party game for the Xbox 360 to retail above $49.99. For more information, read GameSpot's previous coverage.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Gears of Wars goes GOLD for the X360, due Nov. 7
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 06:07:51 PM »
Ugh.  I want it... but it's so fucking expensive.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 10:47:00 PM »

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 11:28:08 PM »
Ok, this game is freaking beautiful.

I actually argued with someone saying that HL2: Episode One was better looking than Gears of War. You have to be fucking blind.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 05:22:55 AM »
Ok, this game is freaking beautiful.

I actually argued with someone saying that HL2: Episode One was better looking than Gears of War. You have to be fucking blind.

HL2: Ep One looks better than Gears??!?!!?
You must be nuts. :P

Gears of War looks awesome. That's Epic for you, of course. Their engines flat out rule.

They used Unreal Engine 3 for Gears, right???

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 06:51:37 AM »
That was a pretty sweet video.

I think I'm gonna' be picking this one up on release day.  My guess is that it's going to be completely awesome but really short.  We shall see, I guess.  But I just don't think I'm gonna' be able to wait on this one.  It's too tempting.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 08:16:58 AM »
I bet the PC version that's planned will be Win VISTA exclusive for end of 2007....what do you all think?

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 12:48:28 PM »
That's very likely. The game looks pretty amazing!