Author Topic: I just realized how retarded internet culture is  (Read 6952 times)

Offline Ace_O_Spades

• Poster Child
Re: I just realized how retarded internet culture is
« Reply #40 on: Friday, February 15, 2008, 07:12:00 PM »
It went well, there were ~60 of us at the peak. i didn't have a mask on, and there was a scientologist videotaping all of us. I had shit to do in the afternoon so I just hung around for a bit. It was pretty lame. Most of the guys were totally uninformed about what was going on, and I wouldn't trust them with watering plants or tying their shoes properly let alone develop a coherent argument about why we were there. I'm pretty sure I pissed off more Anons than Scientologists because I had to call out some retards for going out into the road and for having retarded signs. Plus Guy Fawkes masks are just... lame. Have some balls.

And because of the Chinese New Year shit going on no media payed any attention at all.
The CONtrast
...Is the conTRAST
to THE contrast...

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #41 on: Friday, February 15, 2008, 09:04:58 PM »
If we never hear from kams again... they got him
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, February 17, 2008, 02:11:47 AM »
Wish it went better.

Guy Fawkes masks are kinda unoriginal, especially since V for Vendetta.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, February 17, 2008, 08:43:32 AM »
I'm sure that's exactly where they come from.  That scene with the common people in masks marching on the corrupt establishment in V was impressive.  It could be used right now right here for real, if it could be orchestrated (which I doubt).  And not only against scientology.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2008, 02:05:33 PM »

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2008, 02:14:54 PM »
I read the official explanation from a link in a comment.  It seems to me that ebay is reaching that critical mass beyond which most companies implode.  They had some mighty unpopular changes recently, which Pugnate brought out.  Now this.  The explanation only makes it worse.  They will roll over for any company with a legal staff and IP claims, which means anything you sell could suddenly end up getting pulled off.  It opens the door to a lot of shenanigans by powerful greedy bastards against common sellers wanting to capitalize on something unusual and valuable.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2008, 02:55:26 PM »
Keep in mind somebody in ebay's upper echelon may well be a scientologist in the first place.  These people are literally everywhere you expect them to be, and also everywhere you don't.  It's like people who smoke pot.  You may not always know because a lot of them hide it, but you can bet there are 16 of them standing within 30 feet of you at any given moment.

But yeah, that's a load of horseshit.  That list of companies that have "about me" pages is huuuge, and they say right up front that a lot of places don't have one but will still do the VeRO thing.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2008, 03:30:58 PM »
It opens the door to a lot of shenanigans by powerful greedy bastards against common sellers wanting to capitalize on something unusual and valuable.

Welcome to the wonderful world of capitaism.