Author Topic: Beanbag chairs are uncomfortable  (Read 1739 times)

Offline Antares

• Veteran
Beanbag chairs are uncomfortable
« on: Thursday, March 06, 2008, 06:00:11 PM »
So, right now I'm sitting in a coffee bar using the free wi-fi in a dumb red beanbag chair.  I'd sit at a normal table, but they're all taken.  Not only is this thing uncomfortable, it feels extremely awkward to be sitting in a beanbag chair in public.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
Re: Beanbag chairs are uncomfortable
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 06, 2008, 07:00:40 PM »
I have to agree. I'm more keen on a solid wooden chair with just a little bit of cushion on it.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, March 06, 2008, 09:21:59 PM »
When the hell do they use beanbag chairs in public?  I can't think of any time I've ever seen one.  Then again, I don't frequent coffee bars, and the ones I occasionally visit mostly have broken chairs that wobble and threaten to collapse under my fat ass.

The last time I was in a beanbag chairs was a number of years ago at my friend's uncle's house.  He was housesitting for his uncle and a bunch of us went over there just to hang out.  This was the time that my friend and I split a 30 pack of Coors down the middle between the two of us in an afternoon.  I was so amazingly plastered.  I sort of passed out in this beanbag chair and kind of swam halfway across the floor at one point because I thought something was funny and fell out of the thing.  Good times.

Crazy to think about... that was probably one of the last times I got really really drunk, and now I've barely had more than a beer or two in what seems like years.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 07, 2008, 06:58:55 PM »
haha.  Yeah, I really have no idea what the heck the beanbag chairs were doing in there.  Trying to drink coffee on one of those things is hazard enough when you're not trying to add a laptop in the mix.  This particular coffee bar was the kind of place I specifically try to avoid under normal circumstance, but they had free wi-fi and I had 3 hours to kill while I waited on a friend's flight to land.  Two people mercifully left after about 5 minutes and I was able to sit in a normal chair before long.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 07, 2008, 07:16:45 PM »
Yeah, I think sitting in a beanbag chair in a public place would feel a little like being in your underwear in a public place.  Very strange.  At the very least they could have had those videogame chairs or something.  It would be slightly less weird and a lot more comfortable.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 07, 2008, 09:58:31 PM »
Don't knock being in your underwear in a public place until you've tried it. The freedom is just incredible. Just make sure you avoid children.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, March 08, 2008, 12:27:33 AM »
I generally like sitting on couches or floors.. Beanbags are finicky.. Some are uncomfortable (physically and socially) and some feel like you're sitting on a cloud. If you want a good one you have to dish out the cash. We've got a couple of suede beanbags in the living that are close to heavenly.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 10, 2008, 07:59:34 PM »

i'd say that type would be bad in a netcafe

be okay a bit low though
Taken.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2008, 10:14:36 AM »
Those second ones don't look too bad, you'd still need some kind of table or tray though.  The kind I was in was definitely the former.