Author Topic: Splatoon 2 is awesome  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Splatoon 2 is awesome
« on: Friday, December 22, 2017, 11:27:23 AM »
So I had some extra money in my Japanese eshop account and decided to reup the remainder and download the game. Super impressed. I hadn't played the first and didn't really have plans to get into it, but I watched something a while back and was like ... man, you know, this looks real fun. Turns out it is.

I love the way you always have something to shoot or move through. There's no down time because either you're shooting an enemy player, covering ground with your color, or sliding around super fast in squid form. It's a really great way to ensure you're never bored or just hunting for something to do, which is especially good combined with how short the matches are.

Also really into the style. The character designs are fantastic, the world is just fun and goofy, and everything looks and sounds really nice. An abundance of great music too. It's so very not-Nintendo in so many ways, yet you still get that sort of Nintendo charm and sense that the thing is greater than the sum of its parts that they do so well.

https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-splatoon-2/2300-12395/

I guess this also unfortunately means I'll be subscribing to Nintendo's goddamn online thing when that launches. Ah well. Suppose we'll see how that goes. At least it's not expensive.

Anyone else play this at all? I've been having fun in online matches of both this and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Haven't even tried the single player stuff yet, but I've heard it's a really nice expansion over the short little thing in the first game, and the stuff I've watched makes it look really fun too.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
Re: Splatoon 2 is awesome
« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 22, 2017, 09:35:29 PM »
I've put a ton of hours into the original.  2's on my Christmas list, so we'll see.