Author Topic: Megadeth's new CD - United Abominations  (Read 2742 times)

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
Megadeth's new CD - United Abominations
« on: Wednesday, May 02, 2007, 03:34:38 PM »
After a couple of delays, Megadeth's new CD, United Abominations is scheduled to come out on May 15th.  I enjoyed their last CD, The System Has Failed, and some of the songs I have heard off of United Abominations sound a bit heavier, which is good.  You can listen to a few of their songs off the new CD on their MySpace page.  I especially like Sleepwalker and Washington is Next.  Anyone else interested in this?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Megadeth's new CD - United Abominations
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 02, 2007, 06:10:16 PM »
Not so much.  I haven't been interested in Megadeth for quite a while, though I'm a huge fan of their early stuff.  Still, that doesn't mean I won't check it out.  They were awesome when I saw them live with Pyro.  Mustaine is an amazing musician.  Just wish his band wasn't super huge now and all... boring.  I mean, he just tours with whoever.  I have trouble getting into bands that don't have a solid songwriting lineup.  Even if only one guy is doing most of the work, I think it hurts a band to not have a close group of dedicated individuals.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
Re: Megadeth's new CD - United Abominations
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 10:57:06 PM »
Well I got a hold of an "early version" of the CD and I have to say its fairly good, better than The System Has Failed, but not as good as their older stuff from the 80s and 90s.  It is still a fairly solid album though, some of the songs like Sleepwalker, Washington is Next, and Burnt Ice let Mustaine's guitar work shine and show what he is still really good at.  The lyrics are still fairly standard Megadeth stuff, Mustaine's outspoken political views and just general destruction/apocalyptic stuff as a whole, so it still feels like very much Megadeth.  Its just missing a couple of little things that could really make the album so much better, but like Que said the band suffers from Mustaine pretty much being the only original band member left and they lost a lot of their flare in the last several years.  There is one really odd track that stands out on the CD and it's one of the singles that already has a music video for it, A Tout Le Monde, what makes it so odd is him singing with a female vocalist from Lacuna Coil, a fairly interesting song and his vocals are actually really good in it, but it just doesn't sound like Megadeth, especially when she starts singing with him.  The song has an awesome solo though.

It is still very much worth a listen to and good for any Megadeth fan to have, so listen to it Que.  Also I know what you mean by him touring with whoever, I noticed he was going to be doing a concert in San Antonio and got excited and looked more into it and find out he was just going to be opening for Heaven and Hell.  Megadeth doesn't open for bands, bands should be opening for Megadeth.