Author Topic: Twin Peaks  (Read 3467 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Twin Peaks
« on: Wednesday, June 20, 2007, 12:11:51 AM »
Man that's a good show.  No, seriously.  Funniest and darkest and most disturbing show ever.  I can't believe it took them so long to get the 2nd season out on DVD, but I'm very happy now.  Happy happy.  All of you should go watch it right now.  Or die.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
Re: Twin Peaks
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2007, 01:06:57 AM »
I need to rent whatever I can since I don't have the money for it right now(I keep forgetting to rent them), but I have seen a good chunk of the first season and enjoyed it.  Man if you had ever asked me to keep an eye on the second season for you, we have the first two seasons for sale where I work and I could have gotten it for you.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2007, 06:09:21 AM »
I saw the movie.  It was interesting to watch, but in the end it just seemed pointless since there wasn't really any plot to be understood.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2007, 06:21:55 AM »
Did you watch the show?  I can think of few things more pointless than trying to watch the Twin Peaks movie without having seen the show first.  Not only would that make no sense, it would be completely counterproductive.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2007, 11:37:27 PM »
On one hand I'm intrigued....on the other I've heard bad things about the way it turned out.  That and I'm not a huge David Lynch fan.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2007, 11:40:29 PM »
Anyone who speaks ill of this show has no taste and should commit suicide.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 05:17:25 PM »
Dude, that's like everyone.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 06:32:07 PM »
Maybe in your backwater country.  The show has a huge global following.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 07:33:24 PM »
The first season of the show had a huge global following, the second was a huge failure thus leading to it's demise. Twin Peaks is used as an example on how you should think out the conclusion to a story before you start writing it rather then making stuff up as you go along.  Cancelled before the end of season two, brought back for 6 more episodes, never renewed.  It went from being the most popular show on TV to having ratings so poor it had to be cancelled (even though it was arguably a proven formula).  That's textbook jumping the shark.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 08:10:23 PM »
Except the second season is awesome and there are still tons of people who love it.  Just because something fails in the mainstream doesn't mean jack shit.  Firefly, for example.  That was canceled.  Lots of people didn't watch.  Does that mean it sucks?

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 09:39:32 PM »
No, but knowing David Lynch the second season of Twin Peaks sucks.  Oh, and Kyle Mcgloghlan or however the fuck you spell his name - horrible in Showgirls.

But in all seriousness, I find the show intriguing and wouldn't mind checking it out.  I'm really just busting your ball here.  Yes, I did say 'ball'.

Oh, and get off your ass and watch Carnivale.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 10:05:35 PM »
You should watch it.  I don't know that I'm really a Lynch fan in particular, but the show is just such a weird concoction of stuff I find it really impossible to dislike.  I can certainly see why some lost interest after the first season, but it just sort of becomes a different breed of insanity after that.  There are some weird parts with music that he does, but on the whole the show is just great.

And yes, Carnivale.  It's on my list.  I was actually going to try to see if I could get it on my PSP to watch at work.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: Friday, June 22, 2007, 12:53:28 PM »
i watched Mulholland Dr. and i came away totally dazed and confused.

hooray for lesbians though
Suck it, Pugnate.