Author Topic: This can NOT be good...  (Read 2033 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW

Offline Folk

• Rookie
Re: This can NOT be good...
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 11:23:52 AM »
Isn't this how we get replicants and cylons in the future?  I'm excited for all of the fantastic scifi drama that's sure to come from this breakthrough!

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 11:24:43 AM »
Huh, cool.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 12:21:14 PM »
I am just worried these people will create some bacteria or something that will wipe out half our species.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 12:37:13 PM »
Or create Zombies!

This is awesome. Cool stuff. I'm curious to see how humanity evolves, and progresses throughout my lifetime. What kind of cool stuff will I see in the future? It's always interesting to me.

I am pretty sure that humans will destroy themselves in the next few hundred years though. Either that or nature will thin us out quite a bit again.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 01:36:17 PM »
Haven't these people seen I Am Legend?

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 02:05:34 PM »
haha yea I was thinking that they hadn't been keeping up with the post-apocalyptic sci-fi movies.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 02:42:46 PM »
In my experience most "scientists" can't suspend their disbelief for very long. I watched "The Chronicles of Riddick" with two friends who were doing their Masters in Biology and Physics and basically the evening was a critique of the movie's implausibility. Basically arguments that would also apply to Star Trek but if I had used them against it they would have been offended. Frickin' Trekkies. I like Star Trek but it is not my Bible for the future.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 04:24:06 PM »
Yeah but Chronicles of Riddick sucked bad.  It deserves every insult thrown at it.  I mean come on, the "Necromongers" and "The Underverse"?  That alone is bad enough, but then there is the remainder of the movie.  There is very little redeeming about the movie.  What a disappointment after Pitch Black.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 06:26:12 PM »
Yeah but Chronicles of Riddick sucked bad.  It deserves every insult thrown at it.  I mean come on, the "Necromongers" and "The Underverse"?  That alone is bad enough, but then there is the remainder of the movie.  There is very little redeeming about the movie.  What a disappointment after Pitch Black.
Ha yeah I know, I wish that's what they criticized! They were caught up in the pseudo-science of it :P

Oh that reminds me, have you guys seen Dr. Michio Kaku's series "Sci Fi Science: Physics of The Impossible"? It's a pretty good 12-part series. Here's a segment from "How to Build a Light Saber"